Introduction... Beats by Dr. Dre + FL Studio 10

pliundemix

Hello Guys... I'm just introducing my self into the music mixing and producing world, well I wanna learn... Love electronic music and genres alike...

I picked up FL 10 PRoducer Ed + Massive (I know there is already 11 version of FL, just wanted to begin here cause it came with the massive). My computer does not have a really good audio output, I mean is not really that loud and not a very clear sound. So here is the question.

Should I plug my Beats urBeats in Ear-Headphones (which I think sound great -watch I'm not saying that is the best brand, just the decent headphones I have) to make my experience of learning and further mixing with FL better , or just using the regular speakers of my laptop will suffice?

Thanks people, I hope to start learning all there is to music production.:monkey:

Use you headphones. That is normally better than laptop speakers.
The best solution in the long run will be a sound interface and monitors.
Welcome.

Ideally you should use real monitors for music production, but if in-ears are all you have, then by all means use them. They're better than your computer speakers. But keep in mind that they are made for listening to music, not recording and mixing it. Good luck!

I second hey clown. headphones are great when u have no other option but monitors make the process of mixing and mastering much easier and better

Guys thanks a lot for the fast replies.... I will use my headphones definitely... As for the long term, remember I'm just starting... and eventually when I get to need them, I'll get back yo you guys for help on that matter.. Thanks!

i just want to note beats are generally not considered to be the best for making music, something with a flatter response would be better. monitors are the way to go when you get some cash though.

Back