Installing komplete ultimate 10 from hard drive

Yumid

so the mail gets here today with my hard drive stacked full of komplete ultimate.

Just wondering how I will about about installing it. Im sure its easy and straight forward but i figured id make a post now instead of being surprised when it gets here and having to wait for a reply then. Ive never installed anything that was originally on an external hard drive.

Basically i want the actual plugin components on my system solid state drive since they dont take up any space. And I want the libraries on a hard drive to work off of. This way if I only have my laptop I can work on sound design but if I plug the hard drive in ill be able to use all the pre sets off of that.

Whats the easiest way to do this. Upon installation will I get 2 separate prompts? One for component install location and one for library? Or how does it work when installing komplete. Thats how they did it for the east west stuff

you only get one choice afaik (talking 8 ultimate - upgrading to 10 shortly) i.e. you nominate the main place to store everything and away it goes.

I do not recommend moving stuff as there are several registry entries per component/library to update if you do.

The install also uses the common files folder to store the dll's for your daw to pull up

So yes the install was pretty easy, I installed all my libraries and extra content onto my external. So you're saying during this install it automatically told Pro Tools to search the drive I installed my extra content too?
I was actually just trying to figure out how pro tools automatically knew to search an external drive for my libraries.

that's why you have the common files folder inside programs on a pc - it allows 3rd party software to install dll's and other stuff for use by shared programs - if you had some adobe sw on their like premiere it would also find the installs as would audacity if you had installed vst s instead of aus/rtas

pro-tools probably has the same default settings as cubase to look in the common files folder for anything that resembles a usable plugin

Back