I need help with hypersonic2 on win 7

HDProduction

i cant run hypersonic 2 on my win7 it worked on win xp but not now every time i try to install it it says when i try to install the doogle. CLED ERROR.

HELP I NEED HYPERSONIC2
sad.gif
most of my work was with it!

i cant run hypersonic 2 on my win7 it worked on win xp but not now every time i try to install it it says when i try to install the doogle. CLED ERROR.

HELP I NEED HYPERSONIC2
sad.gif
most of my work was with it!

Upgrade to Halion Sonic. Hypersonic 2 is not supported anymore by Steinberg. It hasn't been supported for a VERY long time, as a matter-of-fact.

IIRC I think I heard something about a group releasing a version that might work on Win7, so if you've legitimately bought the software, you might want to hunt that version down.

thx man but now there is another problem man! problems over problems i hate it!!! i have now hypersonic 2 on my win 7 64 bit and if i try to load an older file from fruity loops when i used hypersonic2 it says "there was an error sending the settings to the vst plugin hypersonic 2" im getting mad now!!! pls help!

This is what happens when you use abandoned software.

You can continue to use Hypersonic 2 on the system that you originally used it on. Nobody forced you to upgrade.

Once you upgrade your system, however, you break the compatibility with that plugin. Hypersonic 2 has known compatibility issues with Windows 7 -- you're not the only one.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Well, basically, you have two choices.

1: Install a Windows XP partition to boot to when you need to use Hypersonic 2 (and forego using anything that requires Vista or newer), or

2: Give up on Hypersonic 2 and replace with Halion Sonic, M1, Purity, or other workstation VSTs.

That's just how it goes. Sorry. If it's any consolation, Hypersonic 2 wasn't really all that amazing anyway. It was very efficient (which isn't quite as important if you bought a new, modern computer), and had a decent package of sounds that were quick to browse through.

For what it's worth, I'm waiting around with my fingers crossed hoping that Korg will update M1 and bring it into the world of 64-bit.

Last edited:
in the last two years Korg actually made a 64-bit version of M1, and IK Multimedia is coming out with a brand-new 64-bit compatible version of Sampletank this summer.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Hypersonic 3 on w8.1 without a hickup and it reads Hypersonic 2 files.......you can find it floating aroung on the web!

EDIT: I installed Hypersonic 2 on w8.1 and it works......could the problem be elsewhere, maybe a dongle update?!

Last edited:
Here's the deal. The cracked one does not work because the dongle hack isn't compatible with WIN 7,however, the official program does. What you will have to do is purchase Halion Sonic 2...it's license doubles as a license for Hypersonic 2. So, if you can find someone with the legit Hypersonic.exe install file..then you can use it....cracked joint? Don't bother...you won't be able to save with it nor open up old projects.

Back