I messed up big time

well, I guess that all depends on the method you used to erase it. if you used killdisc or otherwise wrote zeros to it, then I'm not sure there's a person in the world who can help you with that.. but there are tools that can help recover files under certain circumstances... paragon rescue kit or recuva are one of many free options that may help, worth a shot anyway.

cheers,
mv

No, I mean because it is software, do you think I could a) contact them and possibly get a new one since I haven't registered this one yet? or b) lie and say it never worked in the first place

it it's a digital download, they must be confronted with this sort of thing by folks all the time. I would think you just give em a shout and tell them what happened. If they are reputable at all they will fix you up, after all... it's not as if the copy costs them anything. and it's not as if you having two copies would even hurt them. if it has to be registered a second copy would be useless, if not, you could be making copies all day and they couldn't do anything. I say honesty is the way to go, but ultimately it's up to you. If you lie, they might call your bluff and try to "help" you get past the reason it didn't work. then you have to explain that you deleted it anyway.

here's hoping all goes well and you get a new copy!

ultimate 8 and ultimate are delivered on a hard drive.

personally I'd look at recuva from piriform and have an alternate hard drive to restore the contents to

Additionally I'd get on to NI support and work out getting a replacement drive (you may have to return the one you have first).

And next time remember that it is not for formatting or using for alternative external storage - it is the sole repository of the installers for all of your NI sw

Oh I know! I had my external hard drive which I renamed komplete 9 because I was going to install komplete to the external hard drive. Then, both hard drives were named Komplete and I formatted the wrong one! I'm so stupid! I hope they feel bad for me and help hahaha

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Native instruments wants says it will cost $120 dollars to fix it. I know it's my mistake but $120 dollars? that is a ridiculous amount of money to pay and I'm certainly unsatisfied. Definitely learned my lesson

Back