Hypothetical Situation

M

M.E.T.H.O.D...MAN

Say two individuals are getting together to sell their beats. They have a studio where most of the producing goes down. They buy one copy of say FL Studio and one copy of Komplete, and register them FOR THE COMPANY, UNDER THE COMPANY EMAIL ADDRESS, and install them on two different computers (One person owns the studio desktop and then other has their laptop there and is also working to help with the creative process.) The issue is that one of them spends a fourth of the year in Virginia and needs to be able to bring his laptop out there to continue working on beats and emailing them back to the other individual still producing at home in the studio, but all beats made are for the company not for the individual. Hypothetically speaking, would these two be able to do this? They are making money off of the beats under the company name, and do not have see why they would need to shell out another 400 plus dollars for second copies. Do they have to worry about anybody emailing them or knocking down their door or are they okay? I have heard from some that it is. If it isn't, these individuals just want to assure they wont be sued or anything crazy like that...

---------- Post added 03-31-2013 at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-29-2013 at 02:14 PM ----------

No one?

Que? I don't get it? If u bought the software, what's the problem. Unless the software companies are saying this is not a valid copy, you good. There are some companies that want a computer id, which can cause a problem or if their is a dongle.

Last edited:
Because I googled this, and found some people saying that NI allows you to download Komplete with up to 3 computers, BUT (here is the catch) you cannot use them at the same time, and only the person who bought it can use it or otherwise they can find out and void your registration (I do not know how they would ever find out though, I think it may just be a trust thing). We basically want to have me running my laptop with komplete, and then my partner running it next to me on his desktop at the same time in our studio and we were going to split the cost for one copy of komplete, and register it under our company email address so we have it for our company use (which is just the two of us), AND have the option to take our computers to our own homes and run it there without NI shutting down our account. We do not see why we would need to spend almost a grand (400 each for komplete 8) on two copies when we mostly will be using it together under one roof and they allow you to put it on up to three comps... PLUs we do not have 800 dollars, we have 400... We are young guys grindin...

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

There is no dongle with komplete by the way...

I say role with it and if u are that concerned contact the company and they might offer some type of multi device price (i know other software types of companies do this) and it should be less than 8 bills. On the other hand, u might want to consider some vsts that are more flexible (i mean its easy to get a copy of FL, right:cool:). It's all hypothetical right???

I had software I bought on several computers at the same time as do most producers. if you purchased them legit there should never be a prob.

Cool man thanks... mwandishi... what did you mean by vsts that are more flexible... komplete seems as flexible as anything

Back