How to open .exe file?

Wellington V

I downloaded a Preset bank that is in .exe form. It says the Application is MiniInstall under Properties. Please let me know if ya'll can help. Thanks. - Wellington V

the exe is most likely an installer to put the preset bank into a defined location, just run it normally as if installing a program. send it to wherever your other presets are kept unless it already knows the path

Lots of malware/virus reports from miniinstall.exe. Where did you get the presets from?

Was going to say this.

To the OP: run your antivirus on this file, and see if it catches something. If it was me, I'd get rid of the file right away.

I'm going to let everyone in on the issue here - the op was making a series of posts so that they could post links - the likelihood that this .exe file is a virus is minimal and more likely does not even exist - however, the probative value of the question as asked was sufficient to not can it as spam (which I might otherwise have done)

i.e.

the question seems real on its face value,

however, understanding the op's motives goes along way to explaining the reality behind the question.....

Back