How many of you producer actually buy and use sample kits/loop packs?

Do you use loop packs?

• Total voters

Leo D Penrose

I'm doing a school research project and I was trying to find out how many music producer invest in and use the loop packs such as the ones sold on ProducerLoops.com ?

How much do you usually pay for them,is like 25$ average?
What are the types of sounds you usually look for when buying these packs?
What are some changes you would like to see with loop packs?
What don't you like about them?
What DO you like about them?

thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to site my sources :-D

Last edited:
Imma bandwagon on your thread and ask a question sense its pertains to the same topic. Why don't more sample based producers use these royalty free loops instead of hassling and worrying about copyright laws?

this year i have used more samples then ever before.
i also, like the flp project files.this why i can edit the sound and know what vst was used.
price don't mater the sound and what i am after does.
i won't tell what sound i look for that's hash hash.
the only place that i have seen that is a joke in price is zero-g and uberschall.
i wish every one would mark the key and bpm, sometimes this is not the case.
it would be nice to see a company release a pro tools sample set. in other words release 5 + kits with the rtas VI's and effects used to make the inst/beat.

There is a tremendous amount of free kits available on the internet. And I dont mean stolen material. Many people make there own kits from.various sources and give them away. That being said... I don't buy much. Maybe one or two... but not much. No way id spend over 25 bucks on a kit.

As of late I have been big on loop libraries and random sound kits. Usually looking for good guitar loops or something else i can extract a sound from here or there.

Bought blue bottle condenser mic 3weeks ago... with layering got fair bit of dope sample collection now...
Kinda inspired by the traumah kits, its dope should check em out... traumahdrums.com

Most superproducers we all look up to use them. What's the big deal?

I don't even think most people know how they're used because they never tried them. If I want live bongos, why not use a bongo loop and make each note bounce from speaker to speaker? A few real guitar liks at a key moment in a song? Especially if you chop them to make them ride your melody perfect and then run them thru a nice amp effect? DJ Scratches? Maybe you want a quick vocal chant without getting sued by Lil Jon for his "what"? Maybe you want a live realistic shaker and don't have the actual instrument, it's so many common patterns for shakers that come to mind you getl in factory loops that come with DAWs?

Downright denying use of royalty free samples is like saying you'll never use a sound effect libray, because a good sampled scratch or bongo loop can have just as much impact in taking your song from bland to well polished as police sirens or rain and thunder fx can.

i dont ever buy sounds...usually i juz come across them on the internet or i juz get my packs from my other beat making homies

Most superproducers we all look up to use them. What's the big deal?

I don't even think most people know how they're used because they never tried them. If I want live bongos, why not use a bongo loop and make each note bounce from speaker to speaker? A few real guitar liks at a key moment in a song? Especially if you chop them to make them ride your melody perfect and then run them thru a nice amp effect? DJ Scratches? Maybe you want a quick vocal chant without getting sued by Lil Jon for his "what"? Maybe you want a live realistic shaker and don't have the actual instrument, it's so many common patterns for shakers that come to mind you getl in factory loops that come with DAWs?

Downright denying use of royalty free samples is like saying you'll never use a sound effect libray, because a good sampled scratch or bongo loop can have just as much impact in taking your song from bland to well polished as police sirens or rain and thunder fx can.

Agreed. I don't give away gems like this though. I learned these tricks years ago. Like 2005 lol

A lot of producers release them and use them. The market is also flooded with amateur loops now as well.

I buy sound library's like guitars mapped out on each key programmed to play like a real guitar stuff like that horns all kinds but the cost is in the 200.00 to 400.00 worth it in the end I have all the major instruments and minor so whats left is sounds I create and a few kits around 25.00 to 50.00 bucks so I only get the big important stuff and I trade with folks that have them hot kits i really want and i have what they want

I'm a cheap skate so I never buy them, however I am creative so I can make do with what I have through tweaking and filtering.

Problem is, a lot of the sample packs and construction kits for sale are imitating sounds and grooves that you hear on the radio and in popular music. This automatically means that you are paying for dated material. I know for a fact that many top shelf producers sell their "bargain beats" to sample companies and keep the truly inspiring stuff they make so they can shop that to artists. I have checked out a fair share of sample packs and construction kits and I'd say one in every one hundred is inspiring and unique enough that you could make something out of it. It IS an easy way to spice up already existing tracks but it limits you to samples/loops that lack melody, or you have to really invest time in Melodyne to edit your loops to fit the tempo and key of your production. If you really want to make something unique and special it is best to start from scratch!

I buy sample kits, and sometimes make my own ( if I cant find the sound im looking for). As for price and quality, just depends on who made it and where you get the sampe kits from. I just bought a sound sample kit the other day, for $18 ( on sale) normal price is like $40.

Last edited:
When I hear a certain kind of royalty free soulful oldies type vocal pack I'm jumping on it....first in line. lol!

This is cool.
Spectrasonics - Legacy Products - Vocal Planet
Might get it but I'm still looking for something more exclusive. Plus a friend of mine has it. Feels like it's 100,000 other people playing with the vocals....why I try to avoid them. I want something FP don't even know about. And hopefully a person don't post it like "HEY EVERYBODY!!!! LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND!!!!!"

Back