How many of you producer actually buy and use sample kits/loop packs?

Do you use loop packs?

• Total voters
yes, i have a distinct sound to. Usually very soulful/musical melodies while the drums are very grimey. Just gotta love that sound.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

but i never use loop-packs. only 1 hits-packs.

I use them, but usually on for drums. And when I say drums I don't mean the loops I mean the individual drums in the loop so I can make my own pattern. I don't use many other loops too often because it kinda takes the fun away from making a beat.

---------- Post added 08-02-2012 at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-03-2012 at 02:28 PM ----------

oops used a couple of nice loops in this song.

Last edited:
This is interesting because I don't use samples. Never been a big sample head...just cant understand how to find a certain part in a song and then make a new beat out of it...its too much thinking involved in that to me..

idk maybe one day I will grow out of that feeling and become really good at sampling! lol

Sound Click Page: SoundClick artist: Star Tanner Productions - I am a beat maker/ producer. I specialize in making rap, hip hop, pop, techno, and r&b instrumentals

Official Website: Beats For Sale | Buy Beats Online | Rap Beats | Hip Hop Beats

Email: startannerproductions@gmail.com

Sample kits, doesn't this also enhold a bunch of sampled sounds? Like a kick, snare, hat, etc.?
Don't we all use them? Can be self recorded of course, but most of us get those in soundbanks or bought packs , right?
Everybody seems to assume the topic is talking about pieces of a song, sampled, is this what the topic is about?

Last edited:
I've always designed my own drums, sampled my own drums, & purchased sound kits.

Oh yes loop libraries are a must. Great source of inspiration and if im in a crunch it's something I can build from. Perfect example. I took on way to many scoring projects last month and had to get reach my deadlines. I had a session player quit, lost 2 sessions and had to turn in product within 3 days.

So yes i went through my loop libraries and built off a few of them.

It was either get the job done or give the check back while swinging an axe to my credibility and track record of delivery quality with a fast turn around time.

A lot of big time producers use loop libraries (for something). They are either using it as is or using the loops timing... Sampling the loop, picking the loop apart using individual elements etc

Dre, Timbo, Tim Burton, Neptunes, (Just name a few) have all done it. There are tons of producers who have libraries upon libraries of loops it's called "Source Material"

When I was doing scoring parts of the Show Weeds one of the audio directories gave me a huge ass acid library.. People use this shit all the time

Last edited:
I use sample packs (one-shots, loops, fx) all the time. I don't keep as many as I used to though. I've got several kits I use on a regular basis. I've noticed alot of different packs have duplicated samples. Like, I've found the exact same kicks and snares in three or four different kits, just renamed a bit different.

Some good ones I always use is the Alchemist kit, 9th Wonder, Superslikuzi's kit, Warbeats vol. 2 and Kataklysm. Also use packs from PrimeLoops, Vengeance and Sounds in HD. I've only been making beats for a couple of years, so I'm not too great at creating my own sounds, although I have been layering and EQing alot of stuff then saving those into my own custom-made folder.

Often I'll sequence out a loop in FL, then layer a drumloop from a kit under it in the playlist then lower the volume of it. Adds something more to my drums. FLStudio makes it easy to match tempos and whatnot.

Shoyarite - SouthernFriedProductions - Soundcloud

I don't use samples.
In a different world i probably would, but over the years I have learned so many instruments that it would take all the fun away (too me at least)

Only samples I have ever paid for are NI packs x 3 for my Maschine...($39) everything else is shared from other people.

Generally synth everything else anyhow... I don't use loops.

Off of records yes but loop libraries no, I'd rather have VSTs than loops

i use downloaded (free) samples and drum kits (NEVER USE STOCK LOOPS), and i record my own loops and stuff with real instruments that arent reproduced well in vsts of synths (guitar, some strings and brass, and sometimes live acoustic drums)

i use vengeance loops. the problem with them is that they are filled with many different drum sounds. resonance sounds offers also loops packs and they are sorted for their genre.

I tend not to use loop packs but I can't help but notice how some cats sell loops that have not even been cut to the correct length in relation to tempo, they skew towards the end or they are prone to drifting.

I use everything, dont really buy loop packs, but Drum kits oh yes!!! at first i was spending half the money i made off soundclick just on new drum kits!!!

I do buy some sounds when it's needed but I usually get my own sounds and I download some royalty free kits as well because if you can tweak them in the right way. I usually buy between 10$-30$ but I guess the industry normal is 24.99$
Luckily I could create my own sounds and some people call it my "significant sounds" so check it for yourself:

Phami | Buy Beats, Beats For Sale, Free Beats

Thank You!
Phami

Back