How is FL studio 12

I have both but prefer 11 because am more use to it. 12 though looks more professional and seems to be running smoothly. If your planning to get a software I would go for 12 because at some point producers using fl 11 or under will upgrade or maybe upgrade but changing software you never know lol. Keep in mind that it's not the software you use it's what you can do with it.

FL 12 is neat, the only thin that bugs me is the new version of the paint-tool that doesn't seem to snap-to-grid as efficient as previous versions.

Then there is an error when you load a Patcher preset from previous versions that include inserted Patcher knobs - it then gets an error when it's loaded onto FL 12. This is a bug that will be fixed for the next version I've been told by the team.

What I really love in FL 12 is the new mixer, since you can make it quite big and lean back and dive into it much easier than previous versions - rather than some small box somewhere on the screen.

As for what DAW is "best" for both software and hardware intergration, I would say that it seems more common to use Ableton if you have a lot of hardware. But as already mentioned all DAWs have similar possibilities, and it's more about the person who sits in front of the DAW than hte DAW itself.

Mixer is good, also i like the interface so it looks the same on small laptop monitors and on big 24 monitors.
But sometimes it still crashes :)

It's good. There's a small learning curve but it's definitely worth it; as other people said above, most people will eventually make the move to 12 anyways.

12 is great; I've been loving it. I've been an FL user since 10 and the learning curve really wasn't bad for 12. The main hiccup for me was that some of the directories were changed; VSTs are organized differently now, etc. But those are minor issues. Overall it's a great improvement.

FL Studio 12 is awesome, but I still find myself going back to 11 when I'm actually trying to work through a full beat.

I find that 12 messes with my workflow every so slightly, it's easier just focus on everything being exactly where I expect it to be.

visual fl 12 seems goofy is just hard for me to get in the mood to make a hardass beat when i us it but it freezes up alot less than fl 11 on my computer so i mainly use it if i know i'm going to running alot memory instenstive vsts like omnisphere or ezdrummer, but overall fl studio all ways seems to get better

Last edited:
I use FL Studio 12. The only bug that frustrates me is if you try clicking one something while a patch is loading in a VST, then it will freeze up and I have to force close the entire DAW. Like say Nexus is loading "Singing Choir" and I click on the mixer or a sample in the browser, the whole thing stops responding and I got to force close. It does this with every 3rd party VST I use. Never had that issue on FL 11.

I use fl12, i haven't had any crashes yet and it runs quite nice. The only thin is that i needed quite some time to adjust to the new plugin selection screen. The biggest update are the visuals wich look a bit more professional and less windows 95 ;).

The plugin manager is awful. On the new update they got rid of leaving ghost notes in the piano roll after removing them in the sequencer. Other than that I'm enjoying it.

I use FL Studio on Linux, so stuff isn't entirely Image-Line's issue, but FL Studio 11 didn't freeze up if I clicked stuff during project load. FL Studio 12 does. However, the new FL Studio ASIO is great and even helps other Non-FL Studio programs run better. I'm planning on sticking with 12.

I use FL Studio 12. The only bug that frustrates me is if you try clicking one something while a patch is loading in a VST, then it will freeze up and I have to force close the entire DAW. Like say Nexus is loading "Singing Choir" and I click on the mixer or a sample in the browser, the whole thing stops responding and I got to force close. It does this with every 3rd party VST I use. Never had that issue on FL 11.

Yeah I have the same problem. When I click on something while a project is loading, the whole thing freezes/crashes and I have to force it to quit. That busy indicator at the bottom left of the screen is what I have to wait for to be done.

I also am not able to use the plugin picker, but I can still use plugins if I get them through the browser. Other than that, FL 12 works OK for me, and I'm on Linux.

Back