How do I sync Battery 3 with piano roll in Cubase?

CJ Runner

so yeah, I have recently purchased battery 3, and I'm using it on Cubase 6 (windows 7).

Here's the problem, I create a new audio track in Cubase with Battery as the Vst.
I then go to the piano roll to make the drum line, but the cells (or samples) from Battery are spread all over the piano roll, with blank keys in between. (same problem with my midi-keyboard)

I think what is happening is that the "A" row in Battery is in one octave, and then the "B" row is the next octave up, so on and so forth. So if row "A" has 4 cells, they get mapped to the first octave on the piano roll. Then after the samples from row "A" there are a bunch of empty keys up to the next octave, where the samples from row "B" get played.

this is annoying to me, and I just want all of the samples to be one right next to the other all the way up the keyboard.
How do I accomplish this? (hope I'm making sense!)

thanks!

The issue comes back to Battery.

Your patch/soundset/kit needs to be remapped to the notes that you want them on within Battery.

Then save the the remapping as a new version of that kit, so you can load it again later.

Many happy hours ahead of you redoing the mapping.......

You could use the drum map notation inside of the score editor to put these notes next to each other, but you would again need to save your drum map and reload it every time you used that patch.

Given that you want to use the drum grid editor I'd go with remapping and re-saving inside of Battery...

I love battery in spite of this problem

This particular problem, it is small potatoes compared to some of the big hassles with other software I confront

Last edited:
Back