How do I lower my microphone sensitivity in ableton?

Drange

Artist
When I record with my microphone in ableton, my microphone picks up every little sound in my room. Where is the option to adjust my microphone sensitivity in ableton?

Or, could someone recommend a good program to record vocals? I'm working with this program, but it's just a demo: Vocalist
It's pretty good, but it lacks a noise gate / sensitivity option. (I made another thread asking this question, I have yet to receive a good answer.)

Have you tried tampering with the room acoustics? Usually it really helps if you isolate yourself when you record vocals (be it in a closet or wherever) and try to remove reverberating sound waves by using foam to absorb the sound waves around you instead.

Turn your mic pre down!

This is a weird question but .. aren't you distorting.. or is the room too small ?

by the way, a microphone sensitivity it is not controlled by the host program, it has to be on its input knob, if you have any..

What are you using to get your mic to your computer?

good luck

The issue is probably not software related unless you have loads of compression on your recording effectively raising the volume of quieter background sounds and squashing your vox peaks

What things are making noise in your room? Can you stop them? If there's loads of noise from the road outside then there's not much you can do about that!

Unless audio is coming into Ableton too loud and clipping the signal gain doesn't sound like the problem
but if it is then sort that first! - assuming you're going through a soundcard check the input settings

Back