How Do I Install Third Party Libraries In Kontakt?

highmarcs

Every time I install Kontakt I can NEVER figure out how to load third party libraries into Kontakt. It seems it is an exceedingly hard thing to do. After I'm in Kontakt, I go to "Add Library", but I don't know where to go from there. I navigate to what I think are the obvious choices but all I ever get is a message saying either "No Library Found" or "This Library Already Exist Within The Kontakt Libraries Tab"? Can someone explain the process to me so that it makes sense? I don't buy 3rd party libraries anymore because I know it's going to be a several hours long nightmare of trying to get Kontakt to notice them. Sometimes I get lucky and I actually get them to load and work, but I have no idea how I did it. I just get frustrated and start clicking on everything. Any help to actually understand this once and for all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah. it;s somewhat confusing. Most third party libraries cannot be loaded as a native Kontakt library (requires paying a license fee to ni), so they won't show up in "add library". Put them in a folder of your choice, Then, you can navigate to that folder from the Kontakt browser and click on the instrument. Or, you can just double click on the instrument and Kontakt will open. Also, you can drag instruments from the folder right into the rack (right hand window in Kontakt). Not quite as convenient as a native library, but not bad.

Short answer - most third part libraries cannot be loaded into Kontakt, you have to select instruments individually.

Edit - i see you posted your question on the Kontakt forums, good man:D That;s really the place for all things Kontakt. A tip - Watch for posts by a user named Evil Dragon (or ED) - a Kontakt god, but also very skilled with many DAWs and vsts, very decent and helpful guy.

Last edited:
Yeah. it;s somewhat confusing. Most third party libraries cannot be loaded as a native Kontakt library (requires paying a license fee to ni), so they won't show up in "add library". Put them in a folder of your choice, Then, you can navigate to that folder from the Kontakt browser and click on the instrument. Or, you can just double click on the instrument and Kontakt will open. Also, you can drag instruments from the folder right into the rack (right hand window in Kontakt). Not quite as convenient as a native library, but not bad.

Short answer - most third part libraries cannot be loaded into Kontakt, you have to select instruments individually.

I can actually load an instrument into the Multi Rack by using the Quick Load or Files browser method, but I'm left with this empty space with an exclamation point and a warning in the library browser. How do I get rid of that and get a proper instrument header in the library browser? Here is a picture of what I get.
Library View.jpg

That usually means you have moved library locations since the initial install. Try following these instructions from ni support.

Edit - the error message (and advice) only applies to native libraries, has nothing to d with most third party libs.

Last edited:
Back