How to configure FL Studio with Hardware to use MIDI

Certifideballer

I'm new to this site and to music production so I hope I'm posting in a related forum. I'm trying to have a variety of recording options in FL Studio and of course MIDI is one of them. This is my setup:
FL Studio 10 as the DAW, Avid MBox as the soundcard, and Fantom XA that has the MIDI in/out connection to the soundcard, (also have decent quality speakers connected to the soundcard). Below are questions resulting from this configuration. I know there's a lot of questions, I just hope I get pointed in the right direction.

Which options on fl midi input and output should i choose? Options that I'm given are ;Mbox Control' and 'Mbox External' for both input and output. There's also options for send master sync, enable, and port number... I've actually attached the picture for clarity.

What options on the in and out for a given channel on a mixer be? I've also attached a picture for clarity.

Should I be tweaking settings on the Fantom XA as well? I've heard that one should install the disk that the keyboard/synth came with but I believe that's only for a direct usb connection to the computer right?

Much Thanks.20151019_224101.jpg20151019_225557.jpg

Last edited:
Back