How can I quickly locate My DAW to a particular spot in the Score

MariusPerron

How do I quickly locate My DAW to a particular spot in the Score (Sheet Music)?

When the conductor says, “Go to measure 55, the second time through...” I would like a way to get there quickly.

If he says “Go to measure 55” – that’s easy. I just go to bar 55 in My DAW.

But if there is a repeat sign in the music at the end of bar 100, and it says to go back to bar 10 to start the repeat, my bar 101 will be “measure 10, the second time through” in the sheet music.

I have My DAW set up in bars and beats. And at the correct tempo (that’s the easy part).

I could print the score and get a pencil and write in new measure numbers that correspond to the measure numbers in My DAW… but that’s a lot of trouble. Is there an easier way?

How can I put a marker ahead of time, when I have no idea where the conductor is going to want to go? And if there are 12 songs in the time line, and each song has several repeat areas in the score, I would have over 100 markers!

After talking to some of my buddies in Nashville, I discovered that the answer is easy!

For the recording, we will be using a preliminary version of the score that has no repeats at all!
Later, There will be a revised score to include repeats, first endings, second endings, etc

I said that "I can jump around by using markers" not that you can put down markers before you know where to put them hence my mentioning the fastest alternative manual method of jumping around which is the use of keyboard shortcuts to punch in the location you want to jump to.

Back