HELP! Should I get Maschine,Ableton, or FL Studio?

hdw123

Hi, I have ableton live lite and i'm trying to figure out what I should get to upgrade my setup since I can only work with 8 tracks and a few sounds and ableton suite is about the same price but I like the sounds in maschine better, and I wasn't sure about the sounds from the FL Studio demo I tried out, so I was wondering since maschine is so much like a daw could i just use it by itself and record vocals like a daw or should i get a daw and deal with the lack of good sounds? P.S. I mainly make hip hop, RnB, and trap but I do experiment alot with different instruments, sounds, and styles . Please HELP ME BEFORE ALL THE GOOD SELLS ARE GONE!!!

Start out with fl, FL is a very easy to use DAW for beginners.
Not this- unless you are willing to shell out the cash for 2 or more DAWs.

Pick one DAW and learn it to the full. You can make music in any DAW, it's just which one you find the most convenient. (I'm not saying don't get FL, I'm saying get whichever DAW you want to get to know the best and stick to it)

Machine isn't really a full DAW, so if you got that you'd probably have to get FL/Ableton/logic etc as well.

You might also want to consider getting a vst synth, sampler or sample pack to go with whichever DAW you end up getting. This gives you more sounds and/or the capacity to make your own sounds. There are hundreds to choose from and probably almost as many threads on this part of the forum discussing which one to buy.

Get the trial of both ableton and FL studio, have a good play, then decide for yourself which one you like more.

Last edited:
If you are running into limitations with Live Lite, upgrade it. You already know how to use it.

The difference in sounds from Live Suite and Maschine is negligible. They will both come with lots of usable sounds for your music and lots of unusable sounds for your music, though Live Suite will give you a whole lot more of both.

I'm a vivid Maschine user but also used Ableton for a while. Don't know if Logic is an option (Mac), but it's cheap as **** and and if you get Logic, you get a good bunch of sounds and you could check if you can get a 2nd hand Maschine to it (CL, eBay - with a proper SERIAL!! - they can be transferred). You can run Maschine as a pseudo-DAW, but you can also import all the MIDI into Logic and make arrangements in Logic, triggering Maschine sounds ... I do that in PT and Logic and I love it ... You can use Maschine's Multi-out and treat/mix every instrument/channel separately. Also, sampling is very cool with the Maschine controller, it's pretty intuitive and very hands-on. You get the best of both worlds.

TBH I'd get Fl studio, but that's speaking out of personal experience in a sense that it's definitely something easier to learn. Not only that, but you can do anything in fl that you can do in other DAW's so may aswell take the easy route of things.

Back