Help making bass for hosue garage 90s style...advice help so needed

scottiedj

Hi All.

Calling any help out there please. I am making old tyle garage house US house from 90s and I have a decent drums structure going on but I am stuck on making bass or finding samples that are easy to use to give me that bass sound to fit this style of music.

I am at my breaking point, what ever I try I can not get it sounding right. So any help on bass for this style of music would be so amazing.

I have a track and the bass sound is clear at 3:05 minutes. This is what I am after really and of anyone has advice how to make it or a sample of it anywhere or like it, or any other bass sounds that would work.

LINK TO TRACK ON YT: YouTube
[h=1]Ground 96 - Old Skool Workout[/h]
I would love to hear to form other that no about making house garage 90s styl in similar style to above track link, really like to learn about track structure and how the drums / precussion are set out.

Any advicce help would be amazing I am really struggling I have to admit.

Thank you so much for you time to anyone that replies. Take care.

Last edited:
Any FM bass can do the magic for you. Especially if you are a logic user, it's internal synth (FM8) is perfect for this purpose. Or you can try to squeeze something similar with any synths with a triangle waveform. Play around with the filters and envelopes. Youtube tutorials helps a lot. Have fun! ;)

Back