Help with Cubase Pro 8 please

tony void

Greetings and thank you to anyone who can help my poor soul,
I cannot get Cubase Pro 8 to play any sound back. I can hear tracks while recording them because I have direct monitoring. I records to sounds just fine or atleast it seems to as I can see the resulting waveforms clearly. I get sound out from the vst instruments well enough, as I have no problem recording MIDI. BUT playback for mixing or listening = I get nothing. I even see the meter levels moving like it recognizes the sound. I've tried going into Devices/ vst connections/ then activating ASIO output busses then routing track outputs to through different busses, still nothing. Please help?
Oh and here is the set up I'm using:
Windows 7 pro
Intel iCore 7
E-Mu 1820m pci audio & midi interface (with updated drivers)
Cubase Pro 8 (with latest Updates)
*Also please note that Reaper (DAW) works just fine for recording and play back. ( but I bought Cubase because I love the features and I've been using Cubase vst5 on my old pentium 3 computer for 15 years now and loved it until welll.. ya know fellers gotta get with the times and all.)
So here I am reaching out to you benevolent samaritans... help me I'm probably missing something obvious?
-Tony

If you have already, I apologize, but simple solution that can be overlooked, have you tried turning sound monitoring off on the channel you want to hear?

Thank you that did help after I realized that my audio interface configuration was not properly set to direct monitoring. Ha! nothing like moving into a new version of your favorite software to make you feel like an absolute beginner.:rolleyes::p

Thanks again:cheers:

Back