a 2.26 GHz Intel Core2 duo Processer

And Im trying to Run Ableton Live 9 Suite
Wich keeps crashing.

In the project i have 2 midi Tracks running the massive Vst

Another Midi Track Running Machine 2.0

a Kick, A Snare, And A drum WAV file on an Audio Track

and i am Using The Machine Mk2 Controller

And the M-Audio Keystation88es Midi Keyboard

and each track having an average of three audio effects. (Eq, Compressors, Reverb, Delay ect) nothing too crazy

Ableton gave me a shit load of problems with installation, but once i finally got it up it seems i cant run my project for more then 20 min. or so before the whole damn thing crashes. I really hope its not a ram Issue since i Can't afford a new Computer Any time in the near future. and i Just bought all this shit. (moving up from a Pirated FL Studio's on an old beat up HP
:shame:) anyway i'm hoping somebody out there can help me!

Last edited:
I don't really have any clue as to what could be causing it. You can always try to leave a plugin out of your project for the time being and see if you still have the same issue. Also you can send a crash report through live and maybe they might have an answer as to what the cause could be. Now I'm not a very tech savy person when it comes to this but I'd think that for someone who is, more info will be needed before you can start to dig in to the reason for this. Like a crash dump/log of sorts.

Yeah, Live should generate a crash log & give you the option to send it to Ableton the next time you start it up. You could also view it yourself and see if there's anything about a specific plugin that causes this...

@krushing it ableton hasn't gotten back to me yet and i was wondering if you could tell me how i can read the crash log. they appear to be in a format called alp files and everytime i click them they just attempt to load the session before it crashed.

I would read this for more information. Note that live doesn't answer to the crash reports you e mail to them, instead you need to go to their technical support. Also the crash log should be in a txt format somewhere. More specifics are in that link

Back