Guitar rig 5 vs amplitube?

GUitar rig or amplitube

• Guitar rig for the win

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Amplitube all day

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Laf32

First im useing fruity loops as my daw which i will be recording live electric guitar into. I make g funk westcoast type beats. i love that funky wah and dj quik p funk sound. based off your guys experience which is the better program for this kind of purpose, guitar rig or amplitube. Nothing complicated just some simple chords and licks.

re

there about the same to me. There are some different stuff they each have but especially for basic guitar either one will work. Though I find it usually worth it to just use a real amp when tracking but that a different story.

Definitely not the same. our AmpliTube 3 is the ONLY amp and gear modeling software that is officially licensed by Orange, Ampeg, Soldano, Engl, Jet City, Seymour Duncan and Fender (to only name a few...) because our models are so spot on.

Then you have the AmpliTube Custom Shop (Which is FREE and gives you 24 FREE gear models to get started) which lets you add just the amps, pedals or FX you want, one by one instead of paying 300+ for each version.

Really though. Down load and compare. I promise you'll hear a difference if you want real life guitar sounds. You'd be surprised who loves and uses AmpliTube....

They're both great programs but both different in great ways. I use both for different reasons. I like Guitar Rig 5 for general fx. I feel it has a great collection of fx that sound good on pretty much everything but for guitar tones it can't fu*k with Amplitube. Just my honest opinion but in comparision I don't find Amplitube to be as diverse as Guitar Rig is. I use Guitar Rig on everything pretty much I use Amplitube for Guitar stuff. So my answer both especially since both have free versions. The cool thing about Amplitube 3 free also is that it is the full program. You just buy and add what you need piece by piece for the tones you want rather than spending $300 to get the extra stuff you might not want.

Yeah For free you get the full featured program, 24 gear models and the AmpliTube Custom Shop. That with SampleTank FREE and you have a solid lil combo to use in any DAW to cover a ton of bases.

re

they are in the same general ballpark no matter what the rep says or what companies get paid for their licence. I use every guitar sim and I do own and use amplitube and there are things i like it better for and things i like GR better for, but in reality i like real amps much better.

I tend to get better tones out of amplitube but I think guitar rig is just so diverse if I had to choose between the two it would be guitar rig

Personally I use Amplitube + RealStrat and RealLPC.

I get zero complaints about my guitar riffs in my music. And when I really nail it, people wonderin either A) how the hell I programmed that, or B) who I brought in to play guitar for me.

Granted, nothing really replaces a good guitarist... but in my eyes there isn't a better virtual solution than RealStrat + Amplitube.

Guitar Rig's cool... but I prefer Amplitube.

What I just saw was that RealStrat is $200 and Amplitube is free but addition amps are from $129.00 to $300 range

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
Would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
please contact me for a interview
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

What I just saw was that RealStrat is $200 and Amplitube is free but addition amps are from $129.00 to $300 range

Would you like to be interviewed have a special skill such as audio engineering/sound design,licensing expert,SEO expert
The additional gear costs $15+ per effect in the Custom GearShop that comes with Amplitube. I have a bought a few pieces easy to use and seamless.

---------- Post added 05-06-2012 at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-04-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

correction it starts around $15 per piece.

That's not entirely true, we offer individual gear for 5-25 in the Custom Shop. You can buy a whole collection, like the Ampeg SVX, Jimi Hendrix, AmpliTube Metal or the super secret upcoming AmpliTube ***** for less than buying each model individually.

We even give out free gear models from time to time for those that follow our social networks like Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr. Actually, we give out a lot of freebies to those that follow us.

To each their own, for me having a TON of gear at my fingertips, on my laptop while traveling and performing is a lot more convenient than buying and carrying around 1% of what is inside of AmpliTube is. Plus Amplitube 3 FREE is, free.

Turn up the speakers. Un mastered andunmixed audio is never as "loud" as a commercial MP3. Just turn up the speakers.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Sometimes I miss Kinetic, had AWESOME synth and some samples. Easy to get started!

Guitar Rig's amp emulations aren't perfect, they always seem to be a bit scratchy or not as full as the tube amps but it's effects processors and the general user interface are o point though, so very versatile. I think amplitubes emulations sound better but there's not so much you can do with it. (Also im not as used to it yet but I definitely want to start using it more)

Back