Good Piano Plugins?

DJTeddy

Looking to maybe get a piano plugin. I am using FL Keys at the moment and i am looking to get something better than that but i do not want to spend to much on the plug in.

I think one of the best out there atm is the Synthogy Ivory II Grand Piano.
It's around 300$ I think, so I don't know if it's within your budget.
But tried that one out somewhere before, it's really awesome.

Hi there, I'm new to these forums myself but I have been producing for a while and did run into the problem of finding some convincing pianos without shelling out for a professional plugin (that has its benefits but is out of the budget).

Try ReFX Nexus for some industry standard piano sounds (except that they're mostly 08 - 09 EDM sounds so they've been abused but they're good enough for a decent idea) and Reasons NNXT and NN19 for some beautifully sampled sounds (even though I'm aware you asked specifically for a plugin). They're worth a shot and I find I can get the job done most of the time relying on these for my pianos but obviously, they aren't as cutting edge as some of the newer sounds and the more expensive ones.

I been using TruePianos for a long while now, it sounds good and good amount of options on sound types in regards to the keys characteristics

My favorite piano plugin is the Piano Gold package from East West. Really amazing sound.

Spectrasonics Keyscape really has no competition in 2017. It's just heads and shoulders above anything else I've tried. Just get it! :-)

I think Komplete (Native Instruments) has a bunch of good ones included with Kontakt. Really well sampled and many different ones to choose from.

Then again, if you are going for true realism, like if you are a classical player or singer-songwriter I imagine there is no way around recording on a real piano, just to get that tactile feeling. I make club music so that isn't so much an issue to me.

Software wise, Alicia's Keyes were my to go piano before buying Keyscape. I used to have a Kurzweil PC3 and used the piano patches there quite a bit too.
Obviously, a real grand is untouchable but for the most of us, it isn't an option. Sadly.

Back