Good DAW to use?

GuestUser-

I've used FL Studio for pretty much the whole time I've been making music and I want to switch things up. Any recommendations?

I tried to switch and chose Reaper because a/ its cheap and b/ it has a good community.

I just found that switching DAW messed with my workflow and it got too frustrating. When I'm sitting down to make a beat I just want to be able to do it, you know? And using a different DAW messed with my flow.

Yeah that's the thing that makes me not want to switch, the new learning curve I would have to encounter. But I've heard of a lot of producers crafting on one and doing their mixing & mastering on the other. It would probably be best if I just wait though. Thanks for the advice and I may look up Reaper.

I know a lot of guys who will track with cubase and mix with pro-tools

I do not have a favourite daw but have several I use for different types of projects: cubase - scoring and tracking, reason - modular synthesis and some tracking, reaper - collaborations and project sharing with folks who do not have a certain daw, puredata (PD) - algorithmic and AI work, ableton - still getting a handle on this one and working out what to use it for, pro-tools - pro mixing, fl - collaborations as needed

the thing is the daw is only half of the equation as you still need plugins and an interface that allows you to work effectively

I personally use FL and have used it for years - but honestly, my humble opinion is that if you feel you're missing something or your workflow just doesn't feel right, then explore switching. Download free versions of each DAW and play around. It's all personal taste. All of the major DAWs should get the job done. If you're looking to switch something up in particular, then we could help you more.

Back