FLStudio 11, SampleTank 3.5, and MIDI Polyphony

PHJF

So in a perfect world I'd load one instance of SampleTank into FLStudio as a VST and access independent SampleTank channels via MIDI Outs in FLStudio. Which works... until I try chords or any polyphony. Every MIDI Out channel controlled in FLStudio is Mono only. The only way seemingly to get polyphonic SampleTank playback in FLStudio is not to use MIDI at all, but having multiple instances of SampleTank running is both messy and resource intensive. So what am I doing wrong?

Not a FL user, nor SampleTank...but first, does the polyphony work normally with other plugins than SampleTank? Just to rule out that it's an FL thing. If it does, I think SampleTank has both per instrument poly & a global poly setting. Check those as well. Does it also not work if you just have a single (poly) instrument loaded in ST?

Jeez I think I solved it randomly. I saw taskmanager had something called ibridge.exe running, so I closed it... turns out that's something specific to FLStudio which allows it to support x64 plugins in an x86 executable, or maybe vice versa. Anyways, I checked FLStudio and, sure enough, SampleTank was loaded as x64 plugin. I switched SampleTank over to an x86 .dll and now everything appears to be working as expected.

Back