FLS10: cant tweak cloned patterns

Will_Bender

Hi Everyone,

First post, so I hope I am doing things correctly here. I'm looking for help using FLS10 Producer Edition. If I am in the wrong forum, or if there is a better forum for FLS10, then please feel free to redirect me.

That said, I'll go ahead and post one of my (newbie) questions here in case anyone can help.

When I clone a pattern it carries all the instruments and stuff over, but if I tweak one of them, then it affects all the other patterns as well. Is there a way to stop this?

For instance, if I create Pattern-1, and it has two synths on it, call them A and B. And, then, I clone it to Pattern-2, A & B will show up on Pattern-2. This is okay, but if I turned off synth A on Pattern 2, then what it is doing is turning off synth A on Pattern-1 as well. The same is true if I adjust the volume, etc.

Is there a way to make it so that I can tweak the channels in each cloned pattern without affecting the other patterns?

Thanks,

WB

Thank you, Ddream, but I have looked all over and cant find that command.

Can you tell me where you mean I should right click on the pattern?

When you create a new pattern, if you hover your mouse to the upper-left part of it, you'll notice it changes from the "arrow" to a "little hand" that's where you'll need to right-click, and choose "make unique" from the menu. I hope I helped.

I got it to work in the playlist, so I did get it to work. However, I was hoping to get "Make Unique" to work in the Step Sequencer too, if possible.

Is it possible to "Make Unique" through the Step Sequencer somehow? It doesnt appear so, but I thought I'd ask.

Thank you for all your help!
:)

WB

Hey, Will!

All the steps I said to you was meant to be done inside the playlist. Sorry, I didn't mention it before.

Also, you can try this site here:

How To Make Electronic Music

This guy uses Fl Studio, and the "Make unique" tool everytime!

Back