FL11 - Which compressors do you use?

ZaneT

DJ/Producer
I'm just curious. I use the standard FL Limiter but I'm wondering if anyone has found any that they really like? If so, why do you prefer it to the defaults?

I'm just curious. I use the standard FL Limiter but I'm wondering if anyone has found any that they really like? If so, why do you prefer it to the defaults?
I personally moved away from fls compressors within the last months (except Maximus). I stacked up on waves plugins recently and I believe these plugins increased the quality of my music a lot (especially the compressors). Probably just a personal preference...

Last edited:
I don't think that Fl compressors are the best except maybe maximus. You should try some external, because they usually do the better job. I recommend to visit a site called equipboard.com. In this site you can check your favourite producer or maybe some other pros too and see what kind of gear they use, and what plugins and compressors and stuff. Hope I helped. Good luck :)

I don't think that Fl compressors are the best except maybe maximus. You should try some external, because they usually do the better job. I recommend to visit a site called equipboard.com. In this site you can check your favourite producer or maybe some other pros too and see what kind of gear they use, and what plugins and compressors and stuff. Hope I helped. Good luck :)
Pros use what they use because they are paid to do so. It's called sponsorship. That's one way they make money. So when you hear Skrillex saying "WOW2 is the best vowel distortion", "Ohmicide provides the best distortion for my basses" or "Ozone 6 gives me more clarity in my mixes", believe me, he's being paid to say so.

Any tips on how to identify a better compressor? Surely compression is just compression, how can one tool be better than another? Just curious. When you have two (or more) compressors to chose from, how and why do you compare them?

As a "semipro"...(mind you, when I last used FL, I was making beats that have been recorded over by G.Dep, 2 Pistols, the Game, his bro and sis, Chyna Whyte, Mr. Serv On, Yukmouth, ect).

All i ever used was edit:Fruity Limiter(not Maximus), the fruity compressor, and the old parametric EQ. There's no such thing as "more professional" plug ins. I'm pretty sure if memory serves correct, Sonitus created the FL plugs or gave a foundation of some sort? Even if not, those things are just as "pro" as anything from 3rd parties.

Last edited:
It's the user that makes it pro. Not the tool. If you don't know how to use a compressor to begin with then it wouldn't matter if you use a top of the line compressor or a budget one.

Back