Fl studio vs Ableton

All depends on your workflow. I've been using Ableton for 10 years now, since I switched to Mac. I like FL Studio too, but I rebuke Windows. FL Studio has better native synths sounds, Ableton has better acoustic sounds. Both have unique styles of sequencing, which your choice should ultimately rely on. They both support plugins, so don't choose based on stock instruments. Workflow is everything in a DAW. I personally, I just create in these, then I bounce it to ProTools for vocals.

Last edited:
live with max to me is the BEST. I know this site if full of fruity loops lovers but i cant take that program serious. I know it has come along way but to me its still like that annoying kid that follows you around and wants to do all the things the big kids are doing. Also it makes me laugh when people get offended when I call it fruity loops instead of FL but we all know what the FL stands for.

Either way there are demo versions of both download them and give them a try before buying.

fl studio is the best! i've been using it for over 9 yrs and i had no problems so far. the only thing that i dont like about it is that its not available for mac.

i'm deciding between the two right now, i've been using fl studio for a couple years and am experimenting with ableton at the moment. so i can't judge, but i WILL say fl studio's piano roll is a good 10 times better than abletons.

It all boils down to what you personally prefer. For me its Ableton. I feel its so much quicker and easier to work with. I also feel that the stock instruments and audio effects are almost perfect and you have no need to go and buy a new EQ, or Compressor and what not. I also feel the overall sound that comes from Ableton is much better. But for me its just a really quick and easy access program. It looks like a lot to handle and it is but once you get the hang of it, you have all of these outstanding unique and cool features in Ableton that allow LITERALLY endless posablilites!

fl studio is the best! i've been using it for over 9 yrs and i had no problems so far. the only thing that i dont like about it is that its not available for mac.

Beta's out. Hopefully they roll it fully out in the near future.

I've tried out Reason 5, Logic Pro 10 and most recently FL Studio 11 and so far FL's my personal favorite with Logic extremely close behind.

Last edited:
i personally prefer FL, even if some people consider it an amateur's tool, it is fully capable of producing sound just as good as any other DAW

Been using Dr T Music Sequencer, Qubase, ProTools, FL, Ohm Studio, Logic and Abelton and I must say;
there is no such as the best DAW software.

It´s a question of taste and workflow. And one DAW can be better for one specific task - so much that it pays off to switch DAW just for that task and import it back into the DAW you were originally working in.

My most used DAWs for the last years is Logic and Abelton Live.

Back