FL Studio still getting underruns and cpu spikes..

Coleman1

Coleman1
I bought an audio interface specifically to take some of the cpu load and make it smoother as well as reduce the latency, but once again, although it did help somewhat, I'm still having to boost the buffer to the mad and it's still crackling and freezing. I've run out of ideas. My computer's CPU and RAM is decent from what people have told me (2.3ghz and 8gb). I don't know what to do anymore, and I don't understand why I'm the only one who is having this problem so badly..

I wouldn't expect an audio interface to do any difference since a lot of the heavy CPU usage lies in the MIDI-stuff and in the plugins.

Try searching for buffer underruns on the forum search field, I know I myself have answered dozens of similar topics, so there should be some good info on just searching of it.

If you can't find anything, let me know and I'll give some possible tips.

this is all part of a much larger but diffuse conversation with coleman1: not entirely sure why this one was made a separate thread as it makes it difficult to provide him, with useful insight on his problem(s)

suffice to say that without much more detailed info we cannot offer any tangible comments to improve his situation

cpu type
cpu speed
fsb speed
ram type
hdd's type and speed
any other external devices
which OS?
what Service packs, if any have been applied
what updates have been applied (this may be too difficult to answer as it could be a very long list)

i.e. a full run down on the pc

then of course we need to know about
interface drivers (i.e. which version of the driver for the OS in use)
buffer length as set in the drivers or in fl
whether extended mode has been activated for fl (triple buffer size, but increased lag for input to be heard at output up to 1.5 seconds)

Back