FL Studio Sound Problem

SimonT

Can anyone shed any light. If I audition presets too quickly or overload FL Studio 10 sometimes, the sound will go all distorted. If I then switch the audio driver to another, then back to my ASIO driver that I want to use, it's ok again. What's happening? how can I eradicate this?

probably has to to with latency issues and low ram ?? is it 32 or 64 bit ?

Last edited:
Is what 32 or 64 bit, FL? my computer is now on Windows 7 64 bit OS, and I have 5gb RAM. I had Reason come up with an error as well when playing 18 tracks, about 8 were audio. Someone who knows a lot about these things, and professional music production said that 5gb should be well enough for my computer to handle things.

Going back to the RAM. I put more RAM in my computer, as I had 2gb RAM, but needed 4gb to run Reason 7. So I took my 2 1 gb RAMs out and replaced it with 2 x 2gb RAMs in the 2 black slots where the 1's originally were. So then I had 4gb, but then I tried putting one of the 1gb RAM's in the first of the 2 blue slots I had empty, so I had 5gb, and it ran fine. Tried another 1gb in the last empty blue slot and it didn't work. Computer wouldn't start. Just had a black screen on start up and never moved past it, so I thought best take it out and go back to 5gb. Someone has since said try it again but put the 1gb ram in the other blue slot and the other in the other, if you get me. Might see if that works.

Not sure if FL is 64bit. Think it is, but will have to check when I home later.

Last edited:
Back