FL Studio/Reason

REASON is wayyyyyyy better in terms of creativity and complexity!
FL is way better in terms of master buss compressor "glue"(especially for 808 bass)

i just cant get reasons bass to hit like fl bass........

REAPER if you're old enough to drink and rent a car.

;)

-Ki
Salem Beats

Reaper is actually not that bad aside from the horrible menus and included plugins. But I'd assume someone who goes with reaper would go with their own plugins.

Last edited:
Reaper is actually not that bad aside from the horrible menus and included plugins. But I'd assume someone who goes with reaper would go with their own plugins.

Yes, if you're using REAPER with just a mouse-and-keyboard, it can be a bit overwhelming. There are a LOT of functions, which can be intimidating.

The included plugins sound fine -- they're just ugly. The JS plugins (the ugliest of the bunch) are actually excellent -- they include many plugins that Stillwell and Schwa charge money for. It's yet another situation of having a horribly ugly GUI, though.

The bonus is that almost EVERY small little function of the DAW can be assigned to a MIDI command or key combo. I have a bunch of MIDI controllers and fancy keyboards and mice with all of my most-used actions bound to physical keys. I rarely need to bring up the right-click context menu.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Yes, if you're using REAPER with just a mouse-and-keyboard, it can be a bit overwhelming. There are a LOT of functions, which can be intimidating.

The included plugins sound fine -- they're just ugly. The JS plugins (the ugliest of the bunch) are actually excellent -- they include many plugins that Stillwell and Schwa charge money for. It's yet another situation of having a horribly ugly GUI, though.

The bonus is that almost EVERY small little function of the DAW can be assigned to a MIDI command or key combo. I have a bunch of MIDI controllers and fancy keyboards and mice with all of my most-used actions bound to physical keys. I rarely need to bring up the right-click context menu.

-Ki
Salem Beats

hehe. Get out of here kid. The grown ups are talking.

So that's why you haven't posted them? ;)

-Ki
Salem Beats

Adrock uses Reason:
Propellerhead - Artist Stories - Adrock

Liam Howlett uses Reason:
Propellerhead - Artist Stories - Liam Howlett

Olivia Broadfield uses Reason:
Propellerhead - Artist Stories - Olivia Broadfield

DJ Toomp uses Reason:
Propellerhead - Artist Stories - DJ Toomp

DJ Babu uses Reason:
Propellerhead - Artist Stories - DJ Babu

So to summarize...

Amazing artists use Reason because at the end of the day it's all about the person sitting behind the computer, not the software. Salem Beats thinks his software of choice makes him great... click is pathetic link and prepare yourself for disappointment.

Don't listen to that clown ass ***** Salem. Reason is GREAT.

Don't listen to that clown ass ***** Salem. Reason is GREAT.

I'd love for you to try to go through this thread and find a single sentence where I said that it wasn't. Good luck finding one.

I have licensed copies of REAPER, Reason, and Maschine installed on my workstation.
I have a demo of FL Studio installed so that I can make myself comfortable with the workflow once the 64-bit version is out of beta. As you said elsewhere, it's great for "trap" beats. Perfect software if you want to make music with rigidly-quantized 32nd and 64th note rolls.

Stay on topic.

I'd still like to hear your music. Establish your credibility. Show us what an awesome superproducer you are, macbeat.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Back