fl studio question

7/21milliamps

I'm having trouble with fl 12.

upon making a track (song) and progressing upward from pattern #1

i reach pattern #14 and the track data records into playlist #5

--as i was progressing from pattern #1 i placed the data into the corresponding playlist #1
#2 i placed the data into the corresponding playlist #2

What is your pattern #14? Is it blank or is it a copy of the pattern #5?
Are you recording? Sometimes, the recording appears in random tracks in the playlist. My recordings usually always appear in track 2 (in the playlist), but track 2 and pattern 2 are separate things.

Last edited:
beware i'm a little green with forums and posting,
-my pattern #14 is a synth pad i'm adding.
-yes i'm recording.

...also i fat fingered the post for i was finished giving all the information. i tried to edit the post and resubmit it.

thanks for your quick response

yeah if you can record into a blank track, it doesn't really matter where the recording shows up in the playlist. It doesn't affect the sound or mix at all. You just have find where it is and organize it accordingly.

If you're recording into an existing pattern, then that'll mess up the song. Make sure your pattern (the step sequencer on the left where you make beats) is blank before you record. Do you know how to change the pattern in the step sequencer?

Last edited:
yeah if you can record into a blank track, it doesn't really matter where the recording shows up in the playlist. It doesn't affect the sound or mix at all. You just have find where it is and organize it accordingly.

If you're recording into an existing pattern, then that'll mess up the song. Make sure your pattern (the step sequencer on the left where you make beats) is blank before you record. Do you know how to change the pattern in the step sequencer?

-FL records what I play via midi. it just puts what I've played on top of an existing track in the playlist.
-The sound plays as normal just visually my # 14 pattern is stacked on top of #5.
-Which is kind of a pain when I have to grab it without grabbing what I already have in #5 and move it down.
-The track I'm adding is just a pad which does not require much thinking but having to constantly move down what I've just played will slow up the rhythm of things.

Back