Fl Studio Pitching Drums

bkhi

say i'm writing a song in the key of D. Is it necessary to change the root note of each drum sample to D? It is my understanding that changing the root note of a sample changes It's placement to middle C on a midi keyboard. Doesn't this make things more confusing? Would I be fine just making sure I only use notes in the D scale when playing my midi keyboard?

EDIT:
(Question 2)
ok so I have a sample in the key of D. what are the benefits of changing the sample's root note in the wrapper's wrench tab?

Last edited:
Anything to do with composition and note selection is personal taste, can be as clean or dissonant as a person's opinion dictates.
Benefits of changing the root note by detection [I use reason for this] to find and turn the notes to the right key instead of loading the sound source only if it matters at that point in time on that particular sample.

Benefit of root note detection is simply IF you want to do it accurate across a keybed. otherwise, personal taste.
I see where you're coming from but I feel this is sometimes necessary for melodic samples.

Anything to do with composition and note selection is personal taste, can be as clean or dissonant as a person's opinion dictates.
Benefits of changing the root note by detection [I use reason for this] to find and turn the notes to the right key instead of loading the sound source only if it matters at that point in time on that particular sample.

Benefit of root note detection is simply IF you want to do it accurate across a keybed. otherwise, personal taste.
I see where you're coming from but I feel this is sometimes necessary for melodic samples.

exactly its to taste..

Back