FL Studio Piano Roll Question

JoeDB

I'm no music expert but I'm gonna try to explain the best way I can. I just got done slamming a melody down on the keyboard & recorded it to a piano roll with a 120 tempo and it goes 8 bars. I changed my mind after and only want it to go 4 bars with a 60 tempo instead. I suck on the keyboard but I played this one exactly how I want it and don't want to have to re-record it or try to cut everything in half manually. So basically is there an easy way to cut a piano roll down by half but keep it the same with a slower tempo?

Use the visualizing composition to place your pattern on, then highlight which part of that pattern you want to use and slice the rest. It still keeps the pattern the same and you can use the other bits later if you want by reselecting that pattern and painting it again.

utilize the copy/paste/clone pannern and tracks. try cloning then modifing the clips for variation and use on differnt patterns as the track plays in its song sequence.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

and the razor tool is cool too

Back