FL studio piano roll problem-notes stuck on the left side of p.r. one above the other

Nikos B. Productions

Hip Hop Producer
I really need help here. The problem occured by itself, I didn't change anything. Whenever I try to record midi (either with my midi keyboard via usb or by pressing keys on my laptop keyboard) all the notes have a duration of 0:00:004 (really stacato notes) and they are all stuck one above the other on the left side of the piano roll. No matter what melody I play, or if I play on pattern or song mode, no matter what vst I use. I can't record anything with that problem. I only can put the notes manually into the piano roll one by one.
Thanks in advance for your help.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Please guys, I really need your help. Any idea could lead me to the solution. It's very frustrating.

If i got it right. Click on the little arrow top left in piano roll. Choose snap then cell.

And if that doesnt work, arrow top left, then "chord" and choose none.

Last edited:
I actually think i had the same problem way back. I just cant remember how i fixed it. Im looking around in FL now.. Top left arrow > Edit > Allow resizing from left - is that checked? if so, uncheck it.

I have no idea then.. Im sorry man! I bet some of the other members on here knows whats wrong though. I hope you get it fixed :)

It doesn't matter. I tried with pattern and song mode and it's the same thing.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I just solved the problem. By mistake I had checked the "bar" option in the recording panel (above "snap"). I put it on "none" and problem solved!

Back