Is FL Studio Overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see now.

You're here only for the pleasure you gain by feeling superior when you argue with people.

Where else on the Internet have I seen this pattern? Everywhere. Boring.

Ki
Salem Beats

FL Studio is responsible for the most keyboard related injuries than any other DAW.

So much fail. Want to know what the Pros really use? Not noob dickheads, but real pros. Here you go, since you obviously can't back up anything you say with proof --which is what I've been doing--.

View attachment 39838

You see FL Studio on there? I can guarantee that it's on there even though it's barely noticeable.

You can stop embarrassing yourself now.

I'm at the hospital waiting for hours to have stitches taken out, so I'll entertain your arguments a little while longer.

With that out of the way...

Who told you that the only ”Pro” producers are registered on that UAD forum?

You are taking data out of context by ignoring variables and trying to use it to prove your point. The data is intended to see which DAW the registered UAD forum members use, presumably in conjunction with their UAD plugins.

You're committing a logical fallacy. All sorts off odd conclusions could be made from the data. I could tell you that the most popular DAWs in the poll are the worst, because their users needed to resort to a solution from a third party developer (UAD) in order to get the sound they wanted. In this sense, lower would be better, which means FL wins.

Interpretation of data is much more fragile and important than its gathering.

-Ki
Salem Beats

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

FL Studio is responsible for the most keyboard related injuries than any other DAW.

Lol. At least this argument is probably true, and funny as well.

I'm at the hospital waiting for hours to have stitches taken out, so I'll entertain your arguments a little while longer.

With that out of the way...

Who told you that the only ”Pro” producers are registered on that UAD forum?

You are taking data out of context by ignoring variables and trying to use it to prove your point. The data is intended to see which DAW the registered UAD forum members use, presumably in conjunction with their UAD plugins.

You're committing a logical fallacy. All sorts off odd conclusions could be made from the data. I could tell you that the most popular DAWs in the poll are the worst, because their users needed to resort to a solution from a third party developer (UAD) in order to get the sound they wanted. In this sense, lower would be better, which means FL wins.

Interpretation of data is much more fragile and important than its gathering.

-Ki
Salem Beats

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Lol. At least this argument is probably true, and funny as well.

Not a logical fallacy, you may want to look up the meaning. When debating you use whatever data is available to prove your point. Not only did I use UAD, I also used a poll from Gearslutz. Now those are the two most professional music related forums on the internet to date. FACT. Those are the only forums where when someone has a question about a technique used to make a certain track, there's a good chance the actual engineer that worked on said track will reply. Unlike this forum where you have misinformed pseudo intellectuals like yourself trying to "drop knowledge" (lmao) but can barely put together enough useful information in a coherent sentence to prove their point.

So in closing, if the pro's who have the money and a reason to purchase UAD gear, and the the pro's on gearslutz hardly use FL Studio then my statement wasn't just my opinion. It was a fact according the proof that I presented.

Thank you for playing, we have some nice parting gifts for you, lol.

Not a logical fallacy, you may want to look up the meaning. When debating you use whatever data is available to prove your point. Not only did I use UAD, I also used a poll from Gearslutz. Now those are the two most professional music related forums on the internet to date. FACT. Those are the only forums where when someone has a question about a technique used to make a certain track, there's a good chance the actual engineer that worked on said track will reply. Unlike this forum where you have misinformed pseudo intellectuals like yourself trying to "drop knowledge" (lmao) but can barely put together enough useful information in a coherent sentence to prove their point.

So in closing, if the pro's who have the money and a reason to purchase UAD gear, and the the pro's on gearslutz hardly use FL Studio then my statement wasn't just my opinion. It was a fact according the proof that I presented.

Thank you for playing, we have some nice parting gifts for you, lol.

Nope. They needed the UAD gear because they felt that the tools in their DAW were insufficient for the task.

FL Studio members aren't well represented in the poll because they don't need UAD to make good songs, and therefore wouldn't be there in the first place.

That's every bit as reasonable as your interpretation of the data.

I don't know what your love affair with Gearslutz is. It's not as though registering there raises your IQ by 30 points.

In fact, I remember reading threads where none of their members could understand that what Waves Center does is different from what MS processors do. It was a hilariously sad and eye opening thread for me.

-Ki
Salem Beats

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I'm bored, macbeat!

I was waiting for you to entertain me by mounting some sort of assault against my intelligence and credibility! Tell me that Waves Center is merely mid-side processing, so I could demonstrate that it's not true!

You haven't been playing! Come back and argue!

Here's the thread that showed me that "Santa Claus isn't real" - the popular consensus on Gearslutz is often way off:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/354482-waves-center.html

Ok, so 2 pieces of evidence shot down as useless. Nobody cares how many musicians use UAD combined with FL, and Gearslutz isn't as credible as you'd like to think. Now what? :) I'm having quite a bit of fun with this at this point.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back