Fl Studio: More ways to get fewer underruns?

steffeeh

I have already:
- Fixed a longer buffer time (the longest)
- Switched on the right settings for the buffer
- Started going to Tools -> Macros -> Switch smart disable every now and then.

But I wonder if there are more ways to lower the underruns (beacuse I still get a little)
I'm not interested in ASIO4ALL because then the EQ gets bad and so I can't get a clear view on how my track actually sound like.
I don't have the ability to get more RAM.

I have problems with the "line-ADSR" (or what I should call it) on the synths, when I switch it on (for example on Harmor) and have low sustain the program goes crazy!

Please help

You really should be using an ASIO driver, and to me it sounds like you alluded to monitoring through some kind of post FL system EQ that will most likely be coloring your sound......have you actually tried exporting one of your tracks to hear what it sounds like on some other system that does not have the same EQ?

You really should be using an ASIO driver, and to me it sounds like you alluded to monitoring through some kind of post FL system EQ that will most likely be coloring your sound......have you actually tried exporting one of your tracks to hear what it sounds like on some other system that does not have the same EQ?

It's a HP Notebook DV6 (yeah I know a lousy computer for music making but I can't afford a better one right now) with Windows 7. I have IDT Audio Control Panel with SRS Premium as audio interface.

Yes I have, it sounds correct, I have played my tracks on several different soundsystems after export. I have learned how it's supposed to sound like when I make the tracks by. It's a bit hard to explain but there's no problem with that.

I would recommend that you eventually get yourself a decent audio interface.

If you have an external hard drive laying around you might want to try using it as a dedicated audio drive.

I would recommend that you eventually get yourself a decent audio interface.

If you have an external hard drive laying around you might want to try using it as a dedicated audio drive.

Can you please explain further on dedicating external drive to audio drive? (maybe some links too?)

Last edited:
Can you please explain further on dedicating external drive to audio drive? (maybe some links too?)

Basically all you need to do is make the external hard drive the location for your project folder and hopefully you should see some improvement, like I know using an external USB drive is shit compared to having an internal SATA drive due to the CPU overhead but you don't have much choice when you decide to use a laptop instead of a tower system, and as your laptop most likely has a 5,400 RPM system drive it should still work in your favor.

Back