FL Studio for MacOSX ?

Wakeon

Hey, simple question today,
Did it exist ?
Is there a native finale version ?
It will be so so good :)
Thanks!!

Not sure what the current state of the beta is...but it's been going on since 2013. No final version so far afaik.

It's in alpha. It's getting very close. As a previous user before I switched to Mac, I have access to the alpha. Many things don't work yet, but the GUI is nearly complete and I can run some of the plugins fine. There is great promise for the future. It's possible to see by 2020, but don't quote me on the date.

Last edited:
The Beta version seems to function mediocrely. If you would like to run FL Studio on windows using your macbook/mac pro, you can make this possible by running it on Parallels, VM Ware, or Bootcamp (virtual pc). Bootcamp in my opinion is the best route to take because it doesn't suck up a whole lot of CPU like the others I mentioned. It is a pre installed application based software on almost every mac. I currently use bootcamp on my macbook pro to run FL Studio and it works wonderful. Note, that if you decide to operate FL on your mac using bootcamp, you cannot toggle from windows to mac. You would have to restart your computer. Hope this helps!

I currently use bootcamp on my macbook pro to run FL Studio and it works wonderful. Note, that if you decide to operate FL on your mac using bootcamp, you cannot toggle from windows to mac. You would have to restart your computer.

That's because Bootcamp isn't a "virtual PC" like the others, it's just a boot selector to be able to boot into your standard Windows. There's no difference in running Win via Bootcamp than just using a regular PC.

Yes, you're right. I *meant* to say that softwares such as VM Ware and Parrells are "Virtual PC".

A good friend of mine that is a FL user had several issues with his Parallel software, which pushed him into using bootcamp as his boot selector (not sure but a lot of glitches were present. Not to mention CPU hungry). Advantages in my opinion are the ability to operate Windows using your macbook pro/mac pro's horsepower (depending on the specs of course).

I had just made a post about this, I think I am going to just wipe my win laptop and use both my mac and windows computer side by side. I'm sure there would be no problem taking any sound files or plugins from my mac to a external hard drive, plugging into my win pc and loading them into FL studios if i ever needed to.

I personally prefer macs over windows, so much UI friendly and faster navigation. But i guess just like any DAW and any car, or anything in the world, everyone likes what they like.

I personally prefer macs over windows, so much UI friendly and faster navigation. But i guess just like any DAW and any car, or anything in the world, everyone likes what they like.
That's fine but to be honest once I hit that button on my keyboard to launch Cubase I tend to spend most of my time with that user interface as opposed to playing around in the actual operating system itself and even then I am using a lot of macros to navigate instead of using the mouse.....in other words the user interface of the operating system doesn't have that much of an impact upon the user interface of the software you are actually using.....only the system resources sucked up by the operating system and the architecture of the computer will have a significant impact once you have opened the software you want to use.

So why is it so important to launch Fruity Loops from some inside out facebook machine running OSX instead of from a more powerful Windows tower system?

That's fine but to be honest once I hit that button on my keyboard to launch Cubase I tend to spend most of my time with that user interface as opposed to playing around in the actual operating system itself and even then I am using a lot of macros to navigate instead of using the mouse.....in other words the user interface of the operating system doesn't have that much of an impact upon the user interface of the software you are actually using.....only the system resources sucked up by the operating system and the architecture of the computer will have a significant impact once you have opened the software you want to use.

So why is it so important to launch Fruity Loops from some inside out facebook machine running OSX instead of from a more powerful Windows tower system?
Yeah you have a point. thanks.

Back