FL Studio Or Logic? (Newbie Question)

B

BreatheMusic

Hey, right now I'm hardware based with an MPC500 but I'm looking to be more software based. I have a MacBook so I can get logic. I also know about BootCamp and another program (forgot the name) that let's me use FL Studio and I don't have a problem with that. I produce Hip Hop and R&B. What can one do that the other can't?

Logic has less work for mixing and mastering for me, but fruity loops is more user friendly to get things done quick

I personally would go with Logic, FL studio is great learn tool but I found that the work flow sucks. Then again, i went from Logic to Ableton, now best decision for me.

My experience is that Fl studio will not work as smooth as you want it on Mac. If you do have a Mac, use Logic. If not, Use Fl or any other DAW that you might prefer.

how much are you trying to spend? fl is cheaper but logic works better with mac obviously because its made exclusively for it and fl for pc(atm)

I use Logic and Maschine personally (sometimes Ableton Live) , but it seems that all the Trap producers use FL Studio. I think its easy to do those fast high hats in FL. I would also look at Maschine or MPC Studio, if I were you. Maschine took my production to the Next level. Since you are coming from an MPC I would say MPC Studio or Renaissance would be worth looking at.

Last edited:
I've never used FL studio, however I found logic to be a bit too confusing and frustrating. It's a really great DAW, but just didn't work for me. Might want to try out Ableton instead ;p

I use FL Studio and will always use FL Studio. (Used Cubase, Reason 5, and Ableton Live) Always came back to FL Studio. (Using 10 now, It's seriously so dope and advanced.)

I am getting a Mac soon and plan on trying out Logic and Pro Tools. Keeping my PC too so I can make quick bangers. ;D

FL offers a demo off their website, not sure about Logic though, but if they do, why not try each out and see which one you like better?

Last edited:
If you insist on using a Mac then Logic is the way to go as almost every dual platform DAW currently performs better under Windows than under OSX. FL studio is not dual platform, it is Windows only, so there is not much point in getting a Mac over a PC if that's what you want to use.

For me....
FL = Make an allgood beat in 5 minutes with samples and thats about it.
Logic Pro = load up a professional interface instrument, play, write, record tunes, edit, master, bounce, money.

This is my experience with Logic as compared to FL anyway, however FL is a great software to learn with and mess about with in a short period of time.
Of course with FL you can plug in a midi and do all sorts of other things but i didn't bother doing so as i jumped to logic because i found the sound was more real than software sounding with Audio Units rather than FL'S VST'S.

My opinion, each to their own, and as both software are different in their own way, theres things that each do that the other one doesn't.
Happy beat making on whichever choice you make.

Back