FL Studio Loading Up Wrong Sound Files??

clipfish

Hi, I've been going through some of my projects and have noticed that a few sounds here and there are completely different and obvious.
It turns out when loading the project up it had loaded up a different sound entirely instead of the soundfile I had used in the first place.
What is this?? I have no idea why it's doing this, was wondering if anybody could shed any insight.
Bare in mind that none of the files have been altered or moved or anything with regards to my sound library where I keep all my sounds & samples etc.

Alright, so what has happened? Did it just suddenly one day do this or have you done something in between like updating the daw, moving project folders around or anything?

Alright, so what has happened? Did it just suddenly one day do this or have you done something in between like updating the daw, moving project folders around or anything?

I have in fact moved my project folders yes, along with everything else needed in order for me to be able to open them up and resume my project as usual (things I had used VSTS sample files etc.).
But I didn't move anything around if you know what I mean, I have moved the folders from one place to another, but within the folders I hadn't even touched.

Okay, so let's say I have the following folders...

*SOUNDPACK FOLDER 1
-sample1.mp3
-sample2.mp3
-sample3.mp3
etc.

*SOUNDPACK FOLDER 2
-sample1.mp3
-sample2.mp3
-sample3.mp3
etc.

*and it goes on*

I would open up a project, this project was using sample1 and 2 from SOUNDPACK FOLDER 1, but instead it had loaded up sample1 from SOUNDPACK FOLDER 2 and sample2 from SOUNDPACK FOLDER 5.
Bare in mind that this is just an example, this didn't happen to ALL of the sounds used in my projects but all in all it shouldn't happen to any of them either!
I hope you understand where I'm going with this..

make sure you don't JUST saved the FL project file but save it as a zip file ..this will save the FL Studio Project file and the samples used in the project now VST can be a problem make sure you keep account of the VST you use

make sure you don't JUST saved the FL project file but save it as a zip file ..this will save the FL Studio Project file and the samples used in the project now VST can be a problem make sure you keep account of the VST you use

Luckily (as of yet) I'm having no issues with my VSTs, ...just the .mp3 .wav etc. sample files that are loading up from the wrong folders for some reason.

That sounds odd indeed, sorry I can't really say what's going on. Have you tried contacting customer support?

you may have updated your sounds.. or deleted some sounds..

If that was the case if I had opened up the project it would've just told me that certain sounds (.mp3s etc) are missing.
But I can assure you that nothing within my library of sounds have been moved or deleted.

I absolutely agree, I would say this needs to be done regardless which version of Fruity Loops he has.

I did not know you could do that aha.
So you're saying if I save my FL project as a zip file it'll save all the sounds I had used in that file along with it?
Just repeating what you said to make sure that's perfectly clear, how would I do that?
I've only ever been familiar with save and save ..

Last edited:
I did not know you could do that aha.
So you're saying if I save my FL project as a zip file it'll save all the sounds I had used in that file along with it?
Just repeating what you said to make sure that's perfectly clear, how would I do that?
I've only ever been familiar with save and save ..

when you go to save you see (save as) and use the drop down menu and pick zip file

Back