fl studio latency problems

brode134

my problem is latency or lack thereof in fl studio. when i record via midi, if i play the notes perfect, they are always early when recorded into fl. for example if i record a hi hat on the downbeat, it records into fl before the downbeat. this is kinda weird to me because usually the problem is delay in midi with fl studio. ive messed with the buffer length but it doesnt matter what i set it at, i always have the same problem.

usually its the buffer, unclick the settings for higher quality like for 32 bit buffering, generator processing , mixer processing ect

might be your comp make sure you dont have anything running in the background, turn off all softwares. Fl studio uses up a lot of ram so think about that.

i already tried those and they dont change anything. its not a delay problem... i associate computer speed issues with the delay. but everything records early for me, as opposed to delaying.

Last edited:
This has started happening to me lately with my Keystation. It never happened with the Axiom, was always delayed with it. If I figure out how to correct the issue I'll let you know what I did. Until then just have to scoot stuff over on the piano roll with select all, zoom in more, and turn off Snap.

This has started happening to me lately with my Keystation. It never happened with the Axiom, was always delayed with it. If I figure out how to correct the issue I'll let you know what I did. Until then just have to scoot stuff over on the piano roll with select all, zoom in more, and turn off Snap.

yeah thats what ive been doing. but if you play shit with swing on it and don't play it perfectly, its hard to tell where you even recorded it. its hard to just move it to the onbeat if you didn't play it on the onbeat ya know? shit sucks.

Back