FL Studio - keys playing too early

Walker9

Hi all, when I am in fl studio it is very annoying that my keys will often play a second or even two seconds early before it hits the bar. It happens with everything, midi, kicks, effects, it is very difficult to produce songs when this is constantly happening. For example the acapella I use is often off time with the song because the piano chords i am using will play a second or two earlier before it reaches the bar. It will also just randomly start working perfectly again which is weird. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure of what is actually going on, buy I may have experienced this issue. Sometimes, FL Studio will randomly offset your patterns in the playlist and so they'll play a second or two later. If you zoom in very closely, you'll see how they've been offset. Just select the patterns that sound off, go to the playlist options and Tools, and then click Quick Quantize Start Times :)

Last edited:
Tinkered with almost every daw before, that offset is usually an option in settings.
But this sounds like regular asio latency since you dind't mention an interface or asio4all.

I find that input quantize does more harm than good for some reason.

Thanks for the replies, I have tried quantifying and also messing with the audio settings and asio4all settings but neither worked unfortunately

One time this happened to me when i switched to a different sound system. That particular sound system had some sort of delay with my laptop.

Back