FL Studio 12 mixer question.

Yamaha616

Hey I am new to FL coming from Reason. How come sounds don't load into the mixer automatically like in Reason? Is that just how FL studio has always been? Am I only able to do it manually or do I just not have a particular setting checked?

Thanks

Yes, has to be done manually in fl studio. Templates 24/7 any daw for this reason.
Fx slider at the top right of the channels after clicking a channel, then setting it to whatever on the mixer.

Yes, has to be done manually in fl studio. Templates 24/7 any daw for this reason.
Fx slider at the top right of the channels after clicking a channel, then setting it to whatever on the mixer.

So you're saying I should always use a template when working with FL?

Any daw. Although I usually use blanka templates in reason/s1 because in other daws the mixer is auto attached to the channel while fl studio breaks it off into multiple parts, which is the difference between standard and imageline ways.

Imageline likes how it does things because they "break off" the standard parts in to more sections basically. So a template would fix that.
All daws can auto load a template as default.

This is what makes fl different. The same stuff but just Broken off into their own section as the focus where as others have all of that in one area.

Any daw. Although I usually use blanka templates in reason/s1 because in other daws the mixer is auto attached to the channel while fl studio breaks it off into multiple parts, which is the difference between standard and imageline ways.

Imageline likes how it does things because they "break off" the standard parts in to more sections basically. So a template would fix that.
All daws can auto load a template as default.

This is what makes fl different. The same stuff but just Broken off into their own section as the focus where as others have all of that in one area.

Oh okay I see I still think that the standard way is better IMO. This is gonna be hard to get used to but thanks for your help!

Hey I am new to FL coming from Reason. How come sounds don't load into the mixer automatically like in Reason? Is that just how FL studio has always been? Am I only able to do it manually or do I just not have a particular setting checked?

Thanks
It has always been this way in FL. One shortcut you can use is shift+L, when selecting multiple intruments/sounds in the step sequencer. They'll be put all together in the mixer, in the same order they appear there.

Imageline should realize that the sound quality myth is a myth because a few people even know about the circular panning law thing being enabled. No other daw, that I can think of has a limiter on the default template AND circular panning law enabled by default.

Then you have all of these conspiracy fellas, "this daw sound different from this daw" lol.

That's just how FL is unfortunately. You gotta link it manually each time.

It's a pain in the ass when you forget to link to the mixer, record a piece over the top and the delay compensation is completely out.

Fun times.

Back