FL STUDIO 10 vocal recording issue

ninesixx

www.ninesixx.com
Got tired of all the issues with pro tools and my pc. Started recording in FL Studio 10. Everythings fine when i record my first vocal, but when i start recording on another track for ad libs etc, it also records again what was on my first track of vocals. So i get that ugly harmonic double voice effect. What am i doing wrong? Its like i need to mute the previous track so it wont record but then i couldnt hear myself to record my ad libs. thanks!

Got tired of all the issues with pro tools and my pc. Started recording in FL Studio 10. Everythings fine when i record my first vocal, but when i start recording on another track for ad libs etc, it also records again what was on my first track of vocals. So i get that ugly harmonic double voice effect. What am i doing wrong? Its like i need to mute the previous track so it wont record but then i couldnt hear myself to record my ad libs. thanks!

FL Studio is an F'n great DAW for making music and beats but comes up short with vocal recording. I too have had a lot of issues when trying to record vocals in Fl Studio where I get double recordings, non-recordings, etc... there is a pretty nice simple template that I came across for FL Studio that sets up FL Studio strictly for vocal recording, it actually works pretty nice ( its called MicVox for Fl Studio) a quick search on google you should find it and if not just shoot me a PM and I will send it you... In regards to vocal recording I now do all of my vocals in Adobe Audition which is amazingly easy to use and specific to vocal mastering, etc...... FL Studio just isnt set up for vocal recording properly (most likely that will change in future releases).

just arm another mixer channel and if you need to mute the old one just click on the green light under the fader.

Back