FL Clipping but Audacity sounds good

justanuser

Hey guys. I was wondering. I recently recorded my verses + a hook in Audacity but when I take the track to FL Studio, I think I get the so called "Clipping". Like... parts from the recording cut off at some point. Its not like it silences a whole part of the song, but it does it for like, say half a second at about every 3 seconds. How can that be fixed ? Thanks :)

Guys, I just realised what's happening exactly. FL Studio is trying to silence the track at some places. Places where the beat is nearly silent, but you can hear some small sounds which are part of the beat. And FL for some reason silences them. And by trying to silence them it also alters the recording and at those places it also silences my voice recording. I think it must be some limiter or treshold it's tryna hold. How what could it be and how could I stop it cause I'm new to the program and I really have no clue where to find such settings. Thank you ! :)

Found the solution myself. It was the Scarlett Gate Plug-In from that came with my 2i2. I turned it off and the problem disappeared. Hope smb finds some use off of this topic :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I rarely use FL to record in! So annoying that when you record with effects on the track, the effects destructively ****s up the recording :p

Back