FL 12 Question

spOmes

Hi Forum ,

New here, looks like a great place, been using FL12 for a few weeks really enjoying it but im having an issue that i have found hard to get an answer to. or maybe im just doing it wrong,

I'm loading a sample into the channel rack , is there any way of it complying with the piano roll, i cant think of any better way of explaining this (amateur). The pic below explains , i want the sample to stop depending on how long the note is in the piano roll , regardless of sample length ,

Appreciate your help .

James

Click in the sample settings (just click the sample) and in one of the tabs you'll find the option "Cut itself". Just select it.

Click in the sample settings (just click the sample) and in one of the tabs you'll find the option "Cut itself". Just select it.

I dont think that is exactly what he's asking about Although that can be used for this same effect by using a trigger sample with 0% volume where you want to cut a sound.

Hi Forum ,

New here, looks like a great place, been using FL12 for a few weeks really enjoying it but im having an issue that i have found hard to get an answer to. or maybe im just doing it wrong,

I'm loading a sample into the channel rack , is there any way of it complying with the piano roll, i cant think of any better way of explaining this (amateur). The pic below explains , i want the sample to stop depending on how long the note is in the piano roll , regardless of sample length ,

Appreciate your help .

James

Ok, so it depends what sample you are using. What you will want to do is go to the "channel settings" window, under the INS tab there is the volume envelope. Turn the attack all the way down, decay all the way down, sustain all the way up, release all the way down. With these settings the sample will stop immediately when you let off the key, or when the note in the piano roll stops.

This works with long samples that you want to shorten, but this will not allow you to "stretch" short samples. That is a whole different process.

I dont think that is exactly what he's asking about Although that can be used for this same effect by using a trigger sample with 0% volume where you want to cut a sound.

Ok, so it depends what sample you are using. What you will want to do is go to the "channel settings" window, under the INS tab there is the volume envelope. Turn the attack all the way down, decay all the way down, sustain all the way up, release all the way down. With these settings the sample will stop immediately when you let off the key, or when the note in the piano roll stops.

This works with long samples that you want to shorten, but this will not allow you to "stretch" short samples. That is a whole different process.

Perfect, tbh i should have known this, just from moving from cubase SX3 ( i know it's old) where if you piano rolled any sample it would automatically assume that when a note stops, so should the sample. I just got confused.

This was the exact answer i was looking for and appreciate you bothtaking the time to help me :)

Back