FL 12 killing my dreams - completely stopped recording data

pacman101

Hi there, it seems like I (and just about everyone else in the world) am encountering a lot of frustration with FL Studio 12. In Fl 11 my setup was at least working, (albeit not well or without significant wasted time) I had midi, mic, and guitar recording all functioning somewhat properly. But now, with all the same settings, my midi controller is no longer recording note data. I see the midi input light up, but no notes are left on the piano roll. Interestingly enough I can record to the playlist, but that doesn't help me. And no, its not the song/pattern mode button. As far as what I think the problem could be, I know they've updated the mixer routing extensively as well as introduced a new ASIO client which I have been using. Or it could be an issue with channels due to the step sequencer change. I really don't know.

At this point I'm wondering if it would be better to just change to a different DAW, as I have wasted much of my time on technical problems that could have been spent actually producing music. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to start making beats again

I rage quitted fl right at 12, then came back to it this year lol.

So I finally decided to youtube fl12.
Some things it does great some things it's just not as intuitive.

Fo midi it's fast but at the cost of being slower when it comes to midi annnnnd audio events.

Although Ima get comfy in that sucker again.
I had beef with 12 though, some things I still got beef about on 12 though.

Although I wish it was possible to PERMANENTLY DISABLE CIRCULAR PANNING VIA A TEMPLATE OR SOMETHING O______O.
And maybe allow fl studio's patcher to control stuff in slave mode would be nice too.

Daws I've stuck to in this exact order:
reason
studio one
fl studio

cubase replaced by fl.
Reaper's nice too.
Most have good things to say about ableton also.
Then guess there's...protools too......

Last edited:
Well I've decided to persevere with FL. I just uninstalled and reinstalled everything, still having the same issue with recording to piano roll

Edit: resolved the problem after reinstalling, some of my settings were not working before updating. The notes option under recording was not working, but now is.

Last edited:
Back