FL 11 "missing" a lot of MIDI notes when recording from Casio WK200 USB/MIDI keyboard

MitchLip

FL 11 "missing" a lot of MIDI notes when recording from Casio WK200 USB/MIDI keyboard

I am trying to capture the MIDI notes that I am playing on a Casio WK-200 (a moderately cheap 76-key keyboard with USB output in the back) in Fruity Loops 11. I know it's generally a "beginner" keyboard, but also USB/MIDI compatible. Therefore it should work just like any other generic controller, right?

It seems like when I play any type of complex pattern or note sequences it gets lost in the recording process. However, the sample can be heard in BOTH non-recording and recording processes, so I am fairly certain that it wouldn't be a hardware issue.

I am using ASIO4ALL instead of my primary sound driver and have tweaked it so there is minimal delay, and I have also made sure that any type of quantization is disabled or set to 'none.'

TLDR; I can play the keyboard while connected via USB and each keynote sounds appropriately, but when recorded, it is choppy and missing almost half of the notes that were originally played.

If someone could help me resolve this, I would be unbelievably appreciative.

So do you have an Audio Interface, or are you using your computers onboard sound card as your MIDI Clock? You might have to adjust the MIDI Clock settings on your keyboard, if it's set to Internal set it to External, if it's set to External set it to Internal. Try that first and get back to me. If you don't know how to access the MIDI Clock option on your keyboard, start reading the manual.

Back