The final product: What CD burning programs work best for MAC

D

DJ RX-78

So I'm in the process of putting together an album, and I've been slaving away from one track to the next. Finally I've reached a good point where I want to do the car test, but I run into a bit of a problem. Itunes is just terrible and I have finally lost my faith with it when it chopped off the first note of every song I had on my album. This led me to realize I need to get serious about this and not waste my time fiddling with itunes or trying to make my tracks work with how it burns cds.

The bottom line is I need a CD burning program for Mac that is professional grade material so that I can burn CDs that I can confidently send off for duplications. Though there is more to this that I want to elaborate on. A few years back I got myself a copy of a soundtrack for a video game, and when I put it in the CD player for my car, it not only had the track titles, but also the album name and the artist's name as well. This blew me away, and it is something I would like to have my CDs have as well.

So again, I am looking for a CD burning program/software for Mac that will allow me to burn high quality CDs that do not fiddle with the sound quality of my audio files, while also being able to retain details of the songs/artist/album while being played on CD players that read for that information. Thanks!

I don't believe inserting meta tags to be shown on a CD player (from an AUDIO CD) is possible... From an MP3 CD or DATA CD on the other hand, you can just transfer your MP3 files with ID3 tags on to the CD and the track info will always be tagged on to those files.

It may be the case that your car gets the information from Gracenote which is a database. The same one iTunes uses to find the names to the tracks off an audio CD. You can submit your CD info to Gracenote free of charge. It's a simple process... There's another database which isn't as popular, which you can submit to. I can't recall it at the moment, but I will let you know when I do!

In regards to iTunes being inadequate, I disagree. In my experience any problem I've had with quality and the way CDs playback has been down to the CD-R/RW or the CD player itself.

I noticed my friends car stereo skips the first few seconds of some songs due to "loading" time. I imagine this can be accounted for in the settings you set just before you burn the CD. I believe you can insert "gaps" in between tracks.

Hope I've helped.

Back