Few Logic Pro X Questions

SimonT

Hi All!

I am thinking of getting Logic Pro X.

I know it's virtually got every feature and tool you'd want but there's just a few features I would like to know which I haven't been able to find out.

Can you do Manual Parameter Inputs, i.e - type in values for faders / parameters?

Also, can you copy and paste fader / parameter values from one fader / parameter to the other?

Can you also copy a clip but not just normal copying of a clip, this is where you (think it might be called Cloning?) copy a clip but all the colouring, labelling and midi information is copied with it so then you only have to change any of those 3 aspects in clip one (say you decided to change something later) and all the other clips are also altered without the need to delete and re-paste. I did think was called Ghost Copying but think I'm wrong.

Does it have audiowarp, tempo detect of audio and automatically fitting the tempo of the track to the tempo of the audio and the tempo of the audio to the tempo of the track?

I know you can do curved automation in Logic but can anyone tell what kind of curve it is? Bezier curves?

Thanks!

i'm no expert, but i'll answer what i can. as far as i can tell, there is no 'ghost cloning'. and also, there is no automatic tempo detection (unless it is a midi file or something that has tempo information in the file, in which case logic will ask you if you want to import the tempo information). not sure about the parameter stuff. still, it is a very powerful daw, i like it very much.

v

The latest version of Logic, 10.4.1, has automatic tempo detection, so you can set it to detect the tempo, import an audio file and then it will follow the file (in theory, I haven't actually used it in practice yet).

As for your other questions, you can type in values for parameters, you can copy and paste faders but it will include all information including plugins. I don't think there's any way of cloning audio as you describe, and with automation curves, you can adjust the curves manually.

Hope this helps!

You can type in parameters for volume faders and panpots, if that's what you mean? On plug-ins, you can disable their GUIs if you want and all the settings appear as boxes with numerical input. You'd have to be pretty weird to want to do that though...

To move a region selection with its automation data

1. Drag across the region with the Marquee tool.
  2. Use the local Arrange menu Edit > Copy command.
  3. Select the track you want to copy the automation data to.
  4. Move the playhead to the insertion point.
  5. Use the local Arrange menu Edit > Paste command.
  6. The region selection, along with its automation data, is copied to the target track at the playhead position.

Last edited:
Back