Favorite vst to use

They're not technically VST's but I love my twisted tools at the moment. Ultraloop, Scapes, S-Layer and Polyplex. They're so much fun they can feel like toys,
but once you dig in you can go really deep and in-detail with your sounds as well. Kinda strikes the perfect balance between randomisation for generating
ideas and the precision to make them shine. Every time I fire one of these up I get something real nice out of it, that I wouldn't have come up with otherwise.

I also really like Izotope Neutron, apart from the fact it hogs the CPU pretty badly and maybe the price (there's a lot of nice shit you could get for 250).
Everything you need to mix a sound in one box.. brilliant. I don't have much use for the track assistant/auto-mix feature. Everything else on it is great though.
I also still use the Alloy 2 a lot because it's a lot lighter.
I prefer the Neutron interface big time though. I like big 'do everything' plugs in general so for me they're worth the price & cpu hit.

As for synths I'm a fan of the old Korg Legacy bundle synths. Great, affordable classic synths with a very distinct sound (and interface lol.. they take some getting used to),
very cpu-effective too. Korg is horrible with customer service and the way the licensing works would be funny if it weren't so goddamn annoying.. .and that's if it's working right.

Does anyone have experience with those Arturia classic synth emulations? I was looking at those to maybe buy those in the future.
I imagine they sound good, but how are they to live with (performance, easy of use, documentation, support etc)?

Does anyone have experience with those Arturia classic synth emulations? I was looking at those to maybe buy those in the future.
I imagine they sound good, but how are they to live with (performance, easy of use, documentation, support etc)?

I got them. They are pretty dope,but some are very cpu heavy. I like the sounds. Easy to use; idk about that, you just have to turn the knob on the synths :)

Cool, I meant things like storing your presets, dealing with the licensing.... there are aspects of classic synths I don't really need emulated, haha.
And I don't buy anything from companies that make me jump through a lot of hoops to prove I want to be a 'legit customer' with them.. screw that, I'm the customer here.

I figured they'd be heavy on the CPU.. I know of very few very good virtual synths that aren't. I use Reaktor a lot, so it's nothing I'm used to. Do they take advantage of multiple CPU cores?

Thanks for sharing.

the arturia synth emulations are very good. they are a bit cpu heavy but the sound and quality I think i worth it. Plus, there are ways of getting around the cpu hog side of it.

Depends on the vibe I'm going for. Absynth and Omnisphere (sometime ElectraX) is dope for ambient vibes. Sylenth and Nexus are dope for hard trap. Massive got good pads. Omnisphere, Electrax, and Nexus got good bells.

Cableguys Shaperbox is definitely becoming a new favorite around here. I use it for subtle side-chaining, width and pan edits.
It's also a really handy sound and drum design tool.
Best part is how, because it's so simple it hardly takes any CPU so you can put it on everything.

Back