Favorite Kontakt Libraries of as or recent

Enola Gray

looking to build my kontakt Library I make Tech house, House, and some Trance, just looking to see what your fav Libraries are regardless of genre. Basically just more concerned about the quality of the samples thanks a lot

anything by scarbee

action strings pro
session strings pro
session horns pro

alicias keys

balinese gamelan
north india
west africa

abbey road 60's, 70's 80's modern drums and drummer
studio drummer

vintage organs
george duke soul treasures
retro machines mk2

seriously anything that you can get with latest version of Komplete Ultimate

bandcoach said:
anything by scarbee

action strings pro
session strings pro
session horns pro

alicias keys

balinese gamelan
north india
west africa

abbey road 60's, 70's 80's modern drums and drummer
studio drummer

vintage organs
george duke soul treasures
retro machines mk2

seriously anything that you can get with latest version of Komplete Ultimate

Are any of these for Trance though??

Enola Gray said:
looking to build my kontakt Library I make Tech house, House, and some Trance, just looking to see what your fav Libraries are regardless of genre. Basically just more concerned about the quality of the samples thanks a lot

DM307 is good for beats. More recently I got AEON which I found useful for trance. I run Aeon rhythmic and melodic arps through LFO tool, sidechain and works quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:
as with any musical resource it is how you use not what it is, so yes these could all be used for trance

but on a more direct note, the retro-machines should be good as would the vintage organs

For trance, and for any other type of electronic music really, I will always suggest you learn how to synthesize your own sounds. Instead of relying on there being someone out there who has made the exact sound that would fit into your particular track.

So you go out and buy huge preset banks and romplers like nexus and omnisphere, after having used all the sounds that you like you find yourself wanting other sounds so you go out and get even more sounds and presets or whatever, and then the story goes on indefinitely.

Every great sound you hear in those big banks of randomness, someone synthesized them, and you could to if you would just take the time to learn how to do it. Once you master that, your preset searching days are over and you can actually imagine the types of sounds you want and can picture how they would be done and implemented in your tracks instead.

If you're looking for sample libraries with recorded analog instruments, guitars and violins and whatever it may be, I can fully understand Kontakt and it's excellent sounds.

But when you want to make music that relies heavily on synthesis and quirky unnatural sounds, I just can't for the life of me understand why anyone would ever want to go and waste their money on something that a couple of well selected vst synths can do 100 times over, plus change.

Damn you people, why won't you synthesize!!?

You can't just learn how to play the keyboard and get really good at that like you would if you were going for career in piano or guitar playing and then leave it at that. You have to create and design your sounds if you want to make trance. The whole point with it is to play with synthesisers and make the whole universe vibrate. Learn how to play your damn instrument.

Just had to get that out of me, sorry I was of no relevant use to this topic.

Last edited:
thanks guys alot of usefull info, defiantly going to check out the stuff mentioned. As for Wallengard i am learning how to synthesize and the keyword is learning. Ive been teaching my self for a wile now and im geting better everyday. One day i willl be able to synthesize any sound i could ever want hopefully, sadly though today is not that day. So telling me how to "learn your damn instrument" is no help to me, and why would you just randomly assume that im not learning?

Nevermind my post. It's just a general feeling I have.. Seems a lot of people who make electronic music choose to completely ignore that they have a whole arsenal of instruments to play with, and then spend the most of their time chasing sample libraries.

It's like being a member of a band, but you can't play your part so you find someone else who can do it for you instead.

If you're not one of them you don't have to take it to heart. This topic triggered it, I just blew off some steam.

Last edited:
Back