Drum Sampler with individual EQ's & Compressors?!

mumbojumbo

Hello Futureproducers!

So after sporadically checking out this board, I've finally registered because I'm desperately looking for something!

Has anyone of you ever come across a Drum Sampler VST with an MPC-ish structure, that offers EQ'ing and compressing options for each individual one shot sample that has been loaded into it.

I have tried FPC in Fruity Loops, but it lets you only apply one EQ - for the drum track as a whole.
It's the same with other free and demo VST's I have tried.

I'm pretty new to all of this, so maybe I'm just making a dumb mistake or are overlooking something.

If you have a good idea or method - please tell me! This is how I do it at the moment.
Right now I mostly put an EQ and Comp on each individual Track.

mixer.png

The problem with this is - It makes my DAW crash if there's too much in it and it's also tedious to navigate and keep an overview.

Therefore it would be great to have 1 Track in which there is a Drum Sampler in which there are all (e.g.) 12 drum samples that can be EQ'd individually.

Last edited:
Geist can do that. I think it was 6 processes on each pad. It's also multi-out so you don't have to use its processors if you don't want to. I'd imagine there's others.

The real question you should be asking is why you need to EQ and compress each sample, (you probably don't, I hope, I'm just exaggerating to make a point). The answer to this question is you don't have good enough samples.

Start over, find better samples, cure the problem don't treat it.

Geist can do that. I think it was 6 processes on each pad. It's also multi-out so you don't have to use its processors if you don't want to. I'd imagine there's others.

Geist will slaughter him. his computer is not powerful enough.

To the op, I suggest getting a better computer or upgrading your current one. It will be the best day of your life.......I know. :D

Komplete : Drums : Battery 4 | Products $199 Battery 4................your computer might be able to handle it if you are using less cpu heavy synth stuff in other tracks. It has other effects that are useful if you are sound shaping your own samples. If you buy it, you will never have to worry about drums again unless you get specific with real drum kits and what not. Try the demo. Works for 30 minutes..(or is it 15 minutes IDK)

IK Multimedia | SampleTank 2.5 XL Free Sampletank.......... Though it will be a pain if you are chopping samples as you go, it has plenty of sound shaping and manipulation effects. Downside is it being time consuming. But if you have a lot of kits then you can have them imported and saved them into sampletank. From there your samples are just a press of a key away.....which is how I love to work.

vemberaudio.se - shortcircuit Free Shortcircuit..........what I use often until I get Komplete 9. My only gripe with it is that it doesn't audition samples, so you either have to know what your samples sound like, or load samples into your DAW and drag and drop them on. But Drag and drop is cool. I love using it.

But man....these DAWs and plugs are getting way too powerful. Forget purchasing or downloading any plugs and get you decent computer. For the price of a good plug in you can buy one. 2 gigs of ram and 1.8 duo cores will hold you back from actually making music the way you want......especially if you don't have any of the old stuff that ran swiftly with older computers.

$0.02.

Last edited:
MOTU BPM is worth checking, but I think it may be overkill if you're running it inside FL. Why not just use FL Sample Cells and route each 1 to it's own channel?

And going off memeory(haven't used FL in a while), I'm pretty sure there's a routing/mixer window in the FPC where you can send each drum to it's own mixer channel?

EDIT: Yup in the mixer window you have an "output offset" or something to that wording. If the FPC is set to Mixer Channel 1 you use the "offest" to group individual drums to other channels.

Last edited:
Back